Chapter 81

Before, Shen Xi didn't care who Gao Qiulin's shares were sold to. He and Gao Qiulin were just using each other; he pointed some economic trends to Gao Qiulin and Gao Qiulin helped him to hold back Shen Ji in Shen Group. They were mutually beneficial and cooperated happily. When Shen Group stock price plummeted, Gao Qiulin got rid of his shares and made a point of mentioning it to Lao K afterwards.

Now that he was planning to work with the other party, Shen Xi pondered, "You should contact Gao Qiulin and see if you can find out about the other party. There's still some time before my birthday, so there's no hurry."

Lao K nodded and handed a copy of information to Shen Xi, "Here, Wang Changlin's specific information. The same as the previous investigation, there is nothing suspicious."

Shen Xi had investigated the people around Shen Dehan at the beginning of his return to China, and he had specific information on Wang Changlin at hand. Initially, after meeting Wang Changlin at the cemetery, he had also planned to approach Wang Changlin in the name of his mother, but then Lu Gesen's appearance disrupted his plan. Who would have thought that after going around in circles, he would actually find out that the person behind Lu Gesen was Wang Changlin.

Shen Xi's feelings towards Wang Changlin were very special. He was touched that Wang Changlin still remembered his mother, but he was also haunted by the fact that Wang Changlin adopted Lu Gesen and did not care about what happened to him after the downfall of the Han family. What's more, according to Lu Gesen, Wang Changlin should have held a grudge against Shen Dehan, but he had been with Shen Dehan for so many years, and not only did Shen Dehan not notice anything, he trusted Wang Changlin implicitly. Shen Xi did not know how Wang Changlin managed to do this, but he had a vague fear of this man that he could not explain.

The information on Wang Changlin was just as Lao K had said; the same as during the previous investigation, nothing suspicious could be found. Shen Xi read through it once and could only put aside his doubts and turn his mind back to Shen Rong's car accident.

It had been a few hours since the surgery, and as the anaesthetic wore off, Shen Rong was awake but was unable to accept the fact that he might never be able to stand up again.

"You lie to me, you lie to me! Where is the doctor? I want a doctor."

The red-eyed Shen Rong sat on the hospital bed, hysterically shouting at Zhou Mingmei, his eyes full of panic and despair.

Zhou Mingmei's usual sternness disappeared and she looked at Shen Rong sadly, "Ah Rong."

Shen Rong's despair increased at the sound of Zhou Mingmei's mournful voice. He suddenly waved his hands frantically and tried to move his legs that were fixed to the bed, muttering, "I don't believe it, I don't believe it, how can I not be able to stand up? I don't believe it."

Shen Rong's movements were quickly stopped by Zhou Mingmei, who could not hide the resentment in her eyes as she watched her only reliance turn into this.

"Ah Rong, don't worry, Mother will help you get justice. If Shen Ji refuses to give us a way out, we will fight him to the death."

"Shen Ji, yes, Shen Ji, it was Shen Ji who did this, he was taking revenge on me, on me for making Shen Cheng take drugs."

The name "Shen Ji" attracted Shen Rong's full attention. He grabbed Zhou Mingmei's arm in a deadly grip, his expression twisted as he repeated this name.

Zhou Mingmei hesitated for a moment, not telling Shen Rong about the drugs he had been injected with. Perhaps he could not have become addicted all at once, she tried to reassure herself.

This was the scene Wang Changlin saw when he arrived. He chose not to push the door open immediately but stood silently outside listening to the conversation between the mother and the son inside the ward. Only when Shen Ji's name was mentioned by Zhou Mingmei did a hint of satisfaction appear in his eyes.