Chapter 73

At 7 p.m., Yuanhui, the place second only to Shutu in Zhongjing, was bustling with brightly dressed people.

On his way back from the cemetery, Shen Xi received a phone call from Chen Zhiwei. It was his birthday today and he had invited a group of friends to get together. He hoped that Shen Xi would be able to attend. Of course, during the call, Chen Zhiwei specifically emphasised that Lao K and Fang Luowei would also attend. Although Shen Xi was not interested in such a party after his rebirth, Chen Zhiwei took the initiative to invite him, and since he was in a bad mood today, Shen Xi did not refuse and drove straight to Yuanhui after calling Li Mingxuan to tell him about it.

Chen Zhiwei had received a big red packet from Shen Xi not long ago, and was now in the midst of the best time in his life, so he was naturally very generous and had booked the most luxurious VIP room in Yuanhui. Although Shen Xi had never been here before, the waiters who worked in Yuanhui were not stupid. They recognized Shen Xi at a glance, so they did not wait for Chen Zhiwei to come out and respectfully guided Shen Xi to the VIP room.

At this moment, there were already a lot of people gathered in the room. It was a lively event, and Shen Xi's arrival was a surprise to the crowd. Half of the people Chen Zhiwei invited today were from the cast of "Troubled Times", so when they saw Shen Xi, the boss, they naturally came up to say hello, while the remaining half also tried to climb on Chen Zhiwei's bandwagon and get to know Shen Xi. After all, there were many talented people in this circle, but not many people who were rich and quick to pay.

By the time Shen Xi had finished greeting everyone, he was already full of alcohol. After turning down a few of the young actors who tried to get close to him, Shen Xi naturally sat down next to Fang Luowei and Lao K.

"Why did you drink so much? You'll have to drive later." Fang Luowei scolded him softly. He did not join the crowd to go over to Shen Xi when he appeared, so he did not know that Shen Xi would drink so much. Now he quickly poured him a glass of orange juice.

When Shen Xi appeared, Lao K keenly felt that Shen Xi was in the wrong mood. Thinking about the afternoon call, he thought that Shen Xi was still in a bad mood because of Wang Changlin. He wanted to comfort him with a few words, but Fang Luowei was by his side. Some things were not easy to say; after all, what he and Shen Xi were doing was hidden from Fang Luowei.

Shen Xi smiled lightly and took the orange juice from Fang Luowei's hand, and was about to say that it was not a problem when Chen Zhiwei came over with a smile, "Luowei, let's go! I'll take you to meet some friends."

Through the time he spent with Shen Xi, Chen Zhiwei felt that he already knew Shen Xi very well. Shen Xi didn't like this kind of socialising. It was obviously enough for him to be able to attend today and not refuse to toast to everyone. He didn't dare to bother Shen Xi, and could only sell his goodwill to him through Fang Luowei.

Although Fang Luowei was worried about Shen Xi, he could not refuse Chen Zhiwei's kindness. He told Lao K to keep an eye on Shen Xi and not to let him drink any more, and then got up and left with Chen Zhiwei.

Lao K couldn't help but secretly praise Chen Zhiwei in his heart. He was worried about finding a chance to spend some time alone with Shen Xi. Seeing Fang Luowei walking away with Chen Zhiwei, Lao K turned to Shen Xi, "Not in a good mood?" They were in the corner of the room, and because of Shen Xi's earlier rejection of the young actors, no one dared to come over, so there was no need to worry about anyone eavesdropping on their conversation.

Shen Xi nodded.

"Because of Wang Changlin?"

Shen Xi froze and quickly shook his head. Lao K's eyes flicked over Shen Xi, "Then it's because of Li Mingxuan?"