Chapter 35

"Cousin!"

The smile on Li Mingxuan's face turned to concern when he saw Shen Xi's pale face, "Why, didn't you sleep well last night?"

Shen Xi nodded and moved out of the way, "Had a nightmare."

Li Mingxuan followed him, "Do you want to sleep for a while?"

The words 'sleep for a while' spun around in Shen Xi's mind. Shen Xi stopped in his tracks and turned to Li Mingxuan, "Will Cousin sleep together with me?"

Shen Xi said 'sleep together' very naturally, just as if asking Li Mingxuan to 'eat together'. Li Mingxuan's heart skipped a beat. Looking at Shen Xi's expression, he knew Shen Xi was not joking. Struggling for half a second, he hesitantly nodded.

Shen Xi was very satisfied with Li Mingxuan's nod and took the initiative to pull Li Mingxuan all the way through the living room to the bedroom. The bedroom was still the way he had slept before, the curtains were tightly drawn and the light was dim. Shen Xi quickly changed his clothes into pyjamas and climbed into bed, taking up half of the bed for himself and leaving the other half for Li Mingxuan.

Li Mingxuan's gaze couldn't help but stay glued to Shen Xi's body, his eyes deep. Noticing that Shen Xi had left himself half of the bed, Li Mingxuan exhaled silently, suppressing the thought in his mind of pouncing on Shen Xi, and lay down gently beside him.

Shen Xi took the initiative to huddle closer and drifted off to sleep in Li Mingxuan's arms.

The lust in Li Mingxuan's heart turned to pity when he saw Shen Xi's pale face, and he reached out to hold him and pat him lightly.

This was not the first time that Shen Xi had actively squeezed into his arms; almost every night that Li Mingxuan stayed, Shen Xi would curl up against him. Li Mingxuan vaguely sensed that Shen Xi seemed to be very attached to his embrace. It had nothing to do with love or lust, he simply liked Li Mingxuan to hold him.

Thinking back to Shen Xi's early childhood experiences, Li Mingxuan could not tell the complicated feelings in his heart, but only hugged the man in his arms tighter.

Time flew by and it was almost evening in the blink of an eye. Li Mingxuan was half leaning against the head of the bed, flipping through the entertainment magazine that Shen Xi had placed beside the bed, while devoting his energy to paying attention to the sleeping Shen Xi in his arms. Seeing signs of Shen Xi waking up, Li Mingxuan put down the magazine in his hand and subconsciously touched Shen Xi's messy hair.

When Shen Xi opened his eyes in a daze, Li Mingxuan said softly, "Awake?"

Confused, Shen Xi did not reply and instead had the intention of falling back to sleep.

Li Mingxuan gently patted him, "If you go to sleep again, you'll wake up tomorrow. Isn't Xiao Xi going to have dinner?"

Remembering that he hadn't eaten all day, Shen Xi struggled to get up, rubbing his forehead while saying naturally, "What do you want to eat?"

"What does Xiao Xi want to eat?"

"Let's eat Sichuan cuisine." Shen Xi said casually.

The dishes that Li Mingxuan had packed and brought back last time had been thrown away because they had been left for too long, but although Shen Xi had not eaten them, he remembered the smell. At the moment he had just woken up from a good night's sleep and somehow managed to recall it.

Li Mingxuan nodded, "Good, I'll have Ye Han personally cook for you."

"Ye Han?"

"It's the one you met last time."