Chapter 21

Shen Xi did not have much memory of what had happened before, and Li Mingxuan did not want to talk about it, so he just told the story in a few words.

Shen Xi listened quietly, his eyes involuntarily sweeping over Li Mingxuan's clothes wrinkled in his sleep, and his brow furrowed invisibly when he thought of the warm embrace in his dream. The guess really made Shen Xi unhappy, but it was also a fact that Li Mingxuan had taken care of him, so Shen Xi could only suppress the discomfort and smile at Li Mingxuan, "Thank you, Cousin."

When Shen Xi smiled at him, and with the way he was lying there now, Li Mingxuan's eyes couldn't help but start to move downwards.

Realising what he wanted to see, Li Mingxuan immediately stiffened, and then he pretended to relax, pulling up the quilt over Shen Xi to cover him tightly, leaving only his head outside.

Noticing Shen Xi's strange gaze, Li Mingxuan said in a natural tone, "The doctor ordered you to stay covered to sweat out faster."

There was nothing wrong with this statement, and Shen Xi could only show a grateful smile to Li Mingxuan once again.

Li Mingxuan averted his eyes slightly sheepishly; the doorbell rang at the right moment, "Hello, room service."

With a long sigh of relief in his heart, Li Mingxuan rushed to the door almost impatiently. In addition to Li Mingxuan's long-awaited breakfast, there was also a doctor with a medical kit outside the door.

After a detailed examination, the doctor said that Shen Xi's fever had almost gone down and that he only needed to recuperate for another day and should be fine after that. As Shen Xi was young and healthy, his illness came and went quickly, of course, thanks to the care and attention he had received.

When talking about care and attention, the doctor deliberately looked at Li Mingxuan, and Shen Xi could only follow the doctor's line of sight and once again raise the corner of his mouth at Li Mingxuan.

Since Shen Xi was still a bit feverish, the doctor left Shen Xi a day's supply of medicine and specifically instructed Shen Xi to eat something to cushion his stomach before taking the medicine, preferably some porridge.

As soon as the doctor left, Li Mingxuan brought over the congee that he had ordered for Shen Xi, and Shen Xi was stunned to realise that Li Mingxuan had prepared it for him. When he looked at Li Mingxuan again, there was a bit more sincere gratitude on his face.

After eating the porridge and taking the medicine, Shen Xi lay down on the bed, not going to sleep anymore. Seeing that Li Mingxuan had no intention of leaving, Shen Xi wondered, "Don't you have to go to the office, Cousin?"

Li Mingxuan smiled, "Father knows about Xiao Xi's illness, so he gave me a day off to stay here and take care of you."

The father Li Mingxuan spoke of was none other than Shen Xi's aunt's husband, a very serious man in Shen Xi's eyes. The only impression Shen Xi had of him in his previous life was that he and his aunt had a very good relationship, and the two were regarded as a rare loving couple in the circle. In his new life, Shen Xi asked Lao K to help him investigate everyone related to the Shen family, and his uncle, who was close to the Shen family in both public and private life, was naturally the focus of the investigation. It was only after this investigation that Shen Xi realised the power of this man. Thinking of the intricate business interests of the Shen and the Li families, Shen Xi lowered his eyes and did not look at Li Mingxuan again.

Perhaps because of the medicine, one moment Shen Xi felt he was not sleepy at all, and the next moment he was drowsy and fell asleep.