Chapter 30

In an inconspicuous clinic by the road, Shen Xi sat quietly, seemingly playing with his mobile phone, but his eyes always returned to Li Mingxuan who was being examined by the doctor in front of him.

Without the thugs around and without the need to worry about Fang Luowei's safety, the recent scenes flashed in Shen Xi's mind. Shen Xi squeezed his mobile phone unconsciously; his expression didn't seem to have changed much but a closer look would reveal that his gaze turned at Li Mingxuan was complicated.

The figure that suddenly rushed over, the reassurance he felt when he was protected and the momentary throbbing of his heart when he saw Li Mingxuan, all these thoughts that he had deliberately suppressed before were tumbling in his mind endlessly. Shen Xi intuitively felt irritated; he couldn't understand why Li Mingxuan had jumped out to protect him at that moment.

Shen Xi tried his best to convince himself that Li Mingxuan's behaviour must have been calculated, or Li Mingxuan wanted to win his favour so that he could help Shen Ji test him. Or was it?...

Shen Xi couldn't think any further. He squeezed his phone hard, and Li Mingxuan's painful expression came to his mind once again. Shen Xi sighed in annoyance. Although he didn't want to admit it, from his past experience in fights, Li Mingxuan's previous actions could only be instinctive and not calculated. But because of this, the feeling of annoyance in Shen Xi's heart was even greater.

The clinic was very quiet, and only the slightest noise could be heard during the doctor's examination. Perhaps Shen Xi's emotions were too obvious; Li Mingxuan suddenly turned his head with a concerned look, "What's wrong with Xiao Xi? Are you uncomfortable?"

Li Mingxuan's expression was sincere and the worry in his eyes was unmistakable. Shen Xi lowered his eyes and shook his head slightly.

The doctor soon finished the examination; Li Mingxuan's injuries were not serious, except that he had received a heavy blow from a blunt object and his muscles would be a little sore for a few days. Compared to the injuries on Li Mingxuan's back, the colourful bruises on Shen Xi's face and body were nothing. The doctor did not prescribe any medicine but only gave them a few bottles of medicine oil, instructing them to use the oil to rub the bruises on their bodies, especially Li Mingxuan. After a few days, the bruises would dissipate and there would be no major problems.

Li Mingxuan politely accepted the doctor's medicine oil and reached out to pick up the jacket he had taken off. Instead of wearing it, he put it on Shen Xi. Shen Xi stiffened for a moment, and then slowly relaxed again.

Standing at the entrance of the clinic, Shen Xi looked at the thinly dressed Li Mingxuan and the irritable feeling in his heart surfaced once again.

Noticing Shen Xi's gaze, Li Mingxuan turned to smile at him, and Shen Xi unconsciously lowered his head.

Hanging up the phone, Li Mingxuan walked towards Shen Xi. "I've already called my friend, he will come and take the car away tomorrow."

Shen Xi nodded, "Where are you going? I'll drop you off."

Li Mingxuan's back was injured and his shoulders were affected, so he was hardly able to drive. Shen Xi had noticed it and stopped Li Mingxuan from driving. The two took one car, and the other was left behind.

Hearing Shen Xi's inquiry, Li Mingxuan thought for a moment, "Let's go to the hotel."

This answer made Shen Xi frown, and he took the initiative to say, "The hotel is not convenient, let's go to my place."

This was an era without privacy. If Li Mingxuan stayed in a hotel today, who knows what the reporters would write tomorrow. To avoid reporters, the two of them did not even go to the hospital but casually found a roadside clinic. Shen Xi did not want to share the limelight with another scandal at this critical moment of the Yunrou cancer incident. After all, "Cousins getting into a late night brawl" or whatever also sounded very interesting.