Chapter 91

As countless past events passed before their eyes, the hesitation in Shen Xi's eyes turned into determination.

"I like you, but we are not suitable to be together."

In just one sentence from Shen Xi, Li Mingxuan seemed to feel that he had gone back and forth between heaven and hell. The ecstasy that overflowed his heart because of Shen Xi's confession had not had time to bloom into a smile on his face when his expression was frozen because of the second half of the sentence.

At this moment, Li Mingxuan only felt that his heart was both hot and cold, and he hesitated for a while before saying dumbly, "Why?"

Why? Shen Xi looked at Li Mingxuan calmly, "I don't want to have anything to do with the Shen family anymore. The past few years I have been imprisoned in the big cage of the Shen family. Whether I was happy or hateful, I couldn't get away from the Shen family. Now that the dust has settled, I can finally break free from the confinement of the Shen family. No hatred, no ridiculous affection, I just want to be completely free from all ties with the Shen family and truly live my own life."

Li Mingxuan did not expect the reason given by Shen Xi would be like this. A trace of bitterness flashed in his eyes as he whispered, "You do not want to have anything to do with the Shen family?"

Shen Xi nodded, silent.

Shen Xi's silence caused Li Mingxuan's eyes to gradually dim. His gaze swept over Shen Xi's face affectionately. After a while, Li Mingxuan finally smiled bitterly, "I see." Despite his reluctance, he knew it was time for him to leave. He reached out to hold Shen Xi in his arms once more. Shen Xi did not struggle. Li Mingxuan hid the bitterness on his face, lowered his head and kissed Shen Xi on his forehead, softly saying, "Happy birthday. Take care of your health."

"En!"

Li Mingxuan let go of Shen Xi, gave him a deep look, turned away and walked out. The door closed gently, cutting off their eye contact. Shen Xi lowered his eyes, not moving for a long time.

Fang Luowei appeared by his side at some point and said softly, "Why did you break up?" He had always seen clearly that the feelings between the two were still there, that's why he couldn't understand it.

Why did they break up? Shen Xi thought it was probably because he was afraid. He always remembered the words that Li Mingxuan had said to him, that he would never leave him no matter in life or in death. But in the end Li Mingxuan still left him. Now that he was faced with the choice again, despite his calm demeanour, he knew that the last time Li Mingxuan had abandoned him left a shadow on his heart after all. And there was the Shen family too. Apart from Li Mingxuan's feelings, they still had many problems that could not be solved. He was afraid that one day, for other reasons, Li Mingxuan would choose to leave again. It was better to simply give up than to wait for Li Mingxuan to leave for those other reasons.

Fang Luowei couldn't guess what Shen Xi was thinking. Seeing Shen Xi standing quietly at the door, Fang Luowei sighed and stayed with him.

Outside the door, separated by a wall, Li Mingxuan did not leave immediately. He did not believe the reason given by Shen Xi, but Shen Xi's silence isolated him from all possible probing questions. A painful look appeared on Li Mingxuan's face. He was afraid that this time he would really lose Shen Xi. As the sky grew lighter, there was a faint sound of someone moving upstairs. Li Mingxuan was awakened with a start, took one last look at the familiar door and slowly left.

He would not give up just like that!

The shares in Shen Xi's hands were transferred to Wang Changlin the day after his birthday. Unlike before when he had been acting through an agent, this time Wang Changlin chose to handle all the formalities himself. No one had guessed that Shen Xi would sell his shares to Wang Changlin, even Li Mingxuan thought that Shen Xi would only transfer them to Lu Gesen. What was even more unexpected was that Wang Changlin did not just hold 20% of Shen Xi's shares, but 54% of Shen Group shares. Even the combined shares of Shen Ji and Shen Cheng could not compete with Wang Changlin.