Chapter 55

"That rebellious son!" Shen Dehan's angry roar came from the ward.

Shen Ji, who was about to push the door open, was stunned. The only person who could make Shen Dehan lose his temper and yell like that in these circumstances was Shen Rong, but hadn't Shen Ji already warned everyone that no one was allowed to mention the rumours outside in front of his father? A trace of gloom emerged in Shen Ji's eyes.

Before Shen Ji pushed the door in, Shen Dehan's next roar followed, "Call him and tell him to come to the hospital immediately, I want to ask him what is going on with Mingxuan?"

When Shen Ji heard Mingxuan's name, he immediately understood that Shen Dehan was not scolding Shen Rong but Shen Xi. Although he had no feelings for Shen Xi, at this time Shen Dehan could not afford to be stimulated. Thinking of Li Mingxuan's defence of Shen Xi, Shen Ji did not want the news of Shen Xi's relationship with Li Mingxuan to break out now, so he pushed the door in quickly, "Father!"

Shen Dehan was obviously in a state of excitement. Even when he saw Shen Ji, he didn't ease up much, still having a furious look on his face, "Ah Ji, you're just in time, Ah Cheng said he saw that rebellious son Shen Xi harassing Mingxuan. Call him and tell him to get his ass to the hospital immediately."

Shen Ji didn't follow Shen Dehan's order but said in a placating tone, "Father, there might be some misunderstanding in this matter. The important thing for you now is to get well, let's talk about anything else after you get out of the hospital."

"What misunderstanding?" Hearing the doubt in Shen Ji's words, Shen Cheng shouted in dissatisfaction, "I personally saw Cousin and Shen Xi hugging each other inside the elevator, the night when Father was admitted to the hospital. Looking at Shen Xi's appearance, he wasn't worried about Father at all."

Shen Cheng's words caused the anger on Shen Dehan's face to intensify. Shen Ji didn't even think about it and shouted angrily at Shen Cheng, "Ah Cheng, shut up!"

"Big Brother?" Shen Cheng stared at Shen Ji in surprise, wondering why Big Brother would react like that. Cousin had always been on good terms with Big Brother and used to stand on Big Brother's side. Shen Cheng was also worried that Shen Xi and Cousin would get together. What if Cousin was pulled over by Shen Xi to work against Big Brother? He was thinking of his elder brother with all his heart, and even worried that his elder brother would be sad when he learned the news, so he kept waiting until Big Brother was not around before mentioning it to his father. He didn't expect that Shen Ji wouldn't appreciate it at all, and would actually scold him.

Shen Cheng's eyes were filled with hurt, but Shen Ji didn't see it. He was trying to calm down his furious father.

Carefully helping Shen Dehan to sit up in the hospital bed, Shen Ji said gently, "Father, don't you know Mingxuan's nature? How could he possibly like Shen Xi? There must be some kind of misunderstanding, I will ask Mingxuan about it first."

When Shen Dehan heard Shen Ji say this, he was about to agree, but suddenly he thought of something and his face turned gloomy, "No, don't alarm Mingxuan about it, just tell Shen Xi to come to the hospital immediately."

Shen Ji still wanted to continue to persuade, but his father had already waved his hand impatiently. Shen Ji had no choice but to make up his mind to speak to Li Mingxuan first. When he came out of the ward, Shen Ji noticed that Shen Cheng followed him out. Thinking about Shen Dehan's emotional turmoil, Shen Ji couldn't help but turn to Shen Cheng and scold him, "Don't you know about Father's health? First Shen Rong and then Shen Xi, do you think Father can bear it? If you have to say something, can't you bear it until Father is discharged from the hospital?"

Shen Ji's scolding completely baffled Shen Cheng, and the original thought of following him out to explain his intentions disappeared. Since he was a child, Shen Cheng was used to Shen Ji's reprimands, and despite his reluctance, Shen Cheng, as usual, kept his head down and did not talk back.