Chapter 38

Li Mingxuan couldn't remember how many times he redialled the familiar number along the way, but no matter how much he called, the mechanical "No answer" always came out of the receiver.

Li Mingxuan's heart sank to the bottom a little, but the missed call was like a thin thread holding him, preventing him from sinking completely.

In the midst of this indescribable torment, a sweet beep sounded from the intercom, and the plane was about to take off. Li Mingxuan stared at his phone in silence for half a second before choosing to turn it off.

The distance between Haicheng and Zhongjing was not long, only an hour's flight. Li Mingxuan had made this journey countless times in the past, but not once had he felt it was so slow. Li Mingxuan stared unconsciously out of the window. The night sky was dotted with stars, like blue velvet studded with countless sparkling diamonds. Such beautiful scenery was rarely seen by people living in the city, but Li Mingxuan had no thought of appreciating it. All that lingered in his mind was the phone call he had missed.

What did Shen Xi want to say to him?

This was a question Li Mingxuan asked himself countless times, and he desperately wanted to know the answer. Even though Shen Xi might have been just politely greeting him, there was always a voice in Li Mingxuan's mind that faintly but firmly repeated that this call was important to him, as if he had lost something vital by missing it.

"Shen Xi," Li Mingxuan muttered the name in his heart and let out a silent sigh.

At 2am, the three people singing finally put down their microphones and the only sound left in the private room was the sound of background music.

Lao K slumped on the sofa contentedly, his voice hoarse as he shouted to Shen Xi, "Xiao Xixi, why don't I become a singer too?"

Shen Xi lazily gave him a glance and teased, "I'm worried there are no such indiscriminate fans."

Fang Luowei who was drinking a glass of water wanted to laugh when he heard these words, but resisted, his face flushed.

Lao K pounced on Shen Xi, demanding him to admit that he was his fan.

Shen Xi didn't expect the sudden weight of Lao K on top of him. He grunted and was about to break free when Lao K suddenly stopped moving with a puzzled look on his face, "Did you hear anything?"

"What?" Shen Xi asked.

Lao K listened intently for a long time, then suddenly reached out, picked up Shen Xi's bag and fished out Shen Xi's mobile phone.

The screen was glimmering faintly, and a quiet ringing tone sounded continuously as the words "Li Mingxuan" were reflected in Lao K's eyes.

Lao K hesitantly held the phone and handed it to Shen Xi, who frowned invisibly, pushed Lao K away and walked out of the room with the phone.

Fang Luowei looked over curiously, "Who would be looking for Shen Xi so late?"

A trace of seriousness flashed in Lao K's eyes, and he said with a headache, "Li Mingxuan." After saying that, he thought that Fang Luowei might not know Li Mingxuan, and immediately added, "Shen Xi's cousin."

Hearing the name "Li Mingxuan" once again, still associated with Shen Xi, Fang Luowei subconsciously looked towards the door of the private room, a hint of something strange flickering in his heart.

The soundproofing of the Congress was well done; Shen Xi found a secluded corner and pressed the call button, placing the phone to his ear.

Li Mingxuan did not expect the call to be answered after he had already been disappointed countless times and was in a momentary trance when the three words "on the line" were displayed.