Chapter 43

The sudden change of Shen Group's general manager caused a huge stir, along with the rumour of discord between brothers within the Shen family, which triggered the secret attention of countless people. Everyone speculated whether there was an unknown inside story about this incident, and whether Shen Ji and Shen Cheng really tore off the veil of family affection in the face of huge power. But regardless of the speculation of outsiders, the Shen family did not express any opinion on the matter. When Shen Ji and Shen Cheng appeared in front of the reporters, they still looked like affectionate brothers.

Shen Xi quickly received the news from Lao K. Although Shen Xi had hinted to Gao Qiulin through Lao K to find a way to promote Shen Cheng to the front position, the fact that things were moving so fast made Shen Xi sense that something was wrong.

Shen Xi habitually stood by the window and pondered. He knew his father, and his father's preference for Shen Ji was something that even Shen Cheng could not match. Although Shen Cheng's ascension to the top allowed Shen Ji to avoid the turmoil stirred up by the board of directors, Shen Xi knew that given his father's nature, Shen Dehan would not compromise so easily and would inevitably fight the board for a while. But the fact was the board of directors had just raised the issue, and Shen Dehan already made the decision to temporarily replace Shen Ji. Shen Xi frowned; someone must have said something to his father. This person must have been deeply trusted by Shen Dehan. Who could it be?

Shen Xi first ruled out any suspicion of Lu Gesen, who had only been at Shen Group for a year, and even if Shen Dehan admired him, he was definitely not qualified to say anything to him. Thinking about Lu Gesen's confidence in this plan, Shen Xi was sure that there must be Lu Gesen's people in the top management of Shen Group.

When the Han family's business was merged into the Shen family, Shen Dehan had not made any major changes to the original staff. Instead, he had bought the people's hearts and minds. As the business developed over the years and the staff changed from generation to generation, there seemed to be only a few old people who still remembered the Han family back then. Could it be that there were Lu Gesen's people among them?

Shen Xi knew that just as he had something to hide from Lu Gesen, Lu Gesen must have also had a secret card that had not been revealed. It wasn't that Shen Xi didn't trust Lu Gesen, it was just that apart from a few specific people, he didn't give his trust to anyone else. As for Lu Gesen, Shen Xi's surname was Shen, after all, so Lu Gesen surely didn't trust him all the way.

Really sad!

Shen Xi thought to himself that neither Grandpa Shen nor Grandpa Han would have thought that an unsuccessful marriage back then would result in this situation today.

Shen Xi was considering whether to call Lu Gesen when he suddenly heard the sound of the door opening.

"Xiao Xi!" Li Mingxuan was obviously in a very good mood, and his words were laced with a smile. Anyone who came back from work to see their beloved standing by the window looking like they were waiting for them to come back would be in a good mood.

Casually throwing his jacket on the sofa, Li Mingxuan naturally walked over to Shen Xi and gave him a kiss, "What do you want to eat tonight?"

In addition to the efficacy of the pillow, the second advantage that Shen Xi found in Li Mingxuan was his cooking skills. Shen Xi was once very curious about it. At that time, Li Mingxuan smiled and stroked his head, stating that when he was alone abroad, because he was not used to eating outside, he could only learn to cook according to recipes, and naturally became an expert after a few years.

Due to his experience in prison in his previous life Shen Xi did not have any special requirements for food. He ate whatever Li Mingxuan cooked every time, and this time was naturally no exception.