Chapter 80

When Li Mingxuan arrived home in the evening, Shen Xi had not yet returned. The night was getting dark quickly in winter, and the apartment was already dim.

Throwing the car keys aside, Li Mingxuan didn't turn on the lights, but sat quietly at the desk in the darkness.

He had spent the whole afternoon listening to his mother's account of the past. His mother said that both the Han and the Shen families had done wrong, and Shen Xi was the most innocent of all. His mother said that his grandfather had regrets before his death, but it was too late for him to make amends. His mother said that it was impossible to tell who was right and who was wrong. She said that the past was the past, and she hoped that Shen Xi could look forward. She said...

Li Mingxuan stared at the desk in silence, recalling what his mother had said. The more he thought about what she had said, the more bitter he felt in his heart. He wondered if all this could really become the past for Shen Xi, and what if it couldn't? What would happen to Shen Xi?

The sound of a key opening the door reached him, and Li Mingxuan subconsciously got up and walked over. Shen Xi had just pushed the door in when he was hugged tightly in Li Mingxuan's arms.

"Cousin?" Shen Xi said in surprise.

Li Mingxuan said "en" and hugged him even harder.

Shen Xi quietly stayed in Li Mingxuan's embrace. Li Mingxuan lowered his head and kissed Shen Xi, saying softly, "Mother told me something about the past today, do you want to hear it?"

Shen Xi vaguely guessed that Li Mingxuan's strange behaviour was due to something that was related to him. Hearing Li Mingxuan's words, he admitted: "Cousin, you know I was investigating the past in private."

Li Mingxuan was surprised by Shen Xi's simple words. He thought that Shen Xi would hide this matter from him; he did not expect Shen Xi to be so frank. He smiled bitterly, "I will tell you."

In the darkness, the two sat quietly on the sofa, and no one turned on the light. Li Mingxuan's expression was hidden in the shadows, and only a rough outline of his figure could be faintly seen. His low magnetic voice sounded, unveiling the dusty past. The marriage between Han Rou and Shen Dehan, the birth of Shen Xi, Han Rou's suicide, Elder Han's calculations against the Shen family and Grandpa Shen's will concerning Shen Group.

Shen Xi's gaze gradually became complicated as Li Mingxuan kept telling the story. The impact of these words on him was no less than of the words Shen Dehan said yesterday. He believed that it was the truth; many memories he thought he had forgotten were interspersed with Li Mingxuan's narrative, and for the first time, everything he did not know about the past was spread out in full before him.

Li Mingxuan's voice paused as he looked at Shen Xi seriously, "Xiao Xi?"

"En?"

"What are you going to do?"

Both of them knew what Li Mingxuan was talking about. Shen Xi looked at Li Mingxuan quietly, the thought of telling the truth flashing through his mind several times before finally turning into three words, "I don't know!" He really didn't know, the 20% of shares belonging to him according to the will was something completely unplanned for him. In his previous life, he did not know about the will, and no one had ever told him about it. If he had known, he would not have passed up the opportunity to acquire Gao Qiulin's shares in the first place, and there would have been many other options for him to take revenge on the Shen family.

"Cousin, what do you want me to do?"

Faced with Shen Xi's rhetorical question, Li Mingxuan was silent for a while before finally whispering, "I don't know."