Chapter 47

In November Zhongjing had already entered late autumn, and people who travelled at night all wrapped themselves tightly to resist the bone-chilling cold.

Li Mingxuan was wearing only a thin jacket, and with the car window wide open, the cold night breeze poured in. His body was as cold as if he had been immersed in ice water. But even so, Li Mingxuan's heart was still burning with a fire that he didn't know how to extinguish.

Not long ago, his mobile phone suddenly rang, and when he saw the words "Shen Xi" flashing on the screen, he was unimaginably happy. This was the second time that Shen Xi had taken the initiative to call him, so he picked up the phone in a happy mood, only to find that it was Fang Luowei who was calling. Before he could suppress the sourness that flashed through his heart, he heard Fang Luowei say vaguely that Shen Xi had been drugged and asked him to come over as soon as possible.

The word "drugged" haunted him all the way. It was not that Li Mingxuan had never heard of all the shady and dirty tricks in the entertainment industry, but he had never thought that someone would dare to use them on Shen Xi. The anger in his heart grew stronger and stronger. Li Mingxuan glanced at the speed and without hesitation stepped on the accelerator again. Seeing that the car was already speeding past 200, he still felt that it seemed to be too slow. It took him only twenty minutes to reach the apartment, even though the trip took an hour on a normal day. Fang Luowei did not seem to have arrived yet, so Li Mingxuan waited impatiently downstairs.

The sound of a car driving came from far away in the silent night, and Li Mingxuan trembled looking in the direction of the car. It was Shen Xi's car. With just a glance, Li Mingxuan recognised it and took a few steps towards it. Before the car stopped, Li Mingxuan opened the door.

Under the orange street lights of the community, Shen Xi could be clearly seen leaning against the passenger seat with a blush on his face. As the door was opened and the night breeze blew into the car, Shen Xi looked up slightly, his eyes filled with mist, indescribably seductive.

Li Mingxuan's heart felt as if it was hit by a sledgehammer. While frantic, Li Mingxuan could not help but let out a sigh of relief. Fang Luowei had not made it clear on the phone, and on the way Li Mingxuan thought that Shen Xi had been secretly poisoned with various drugs. But now it seemed that it was only an aphrodisiac, which was much better than what he feared.

Fang Luowei's driving skills were quite good; the car stopped steadily in front of Li Mingxuan. Li Mingxuan leaned down gently, unbuckled the seat belt and carefully took Shen Xi out.

At first, Shen Xi instinctively shivered from a slightly cool embrace. But with the familiar scent emanating from this embrace, Shen Xi relaxed and obediently let Li Mingxuan hold him.

The scene in front of him stung Fang Luowei; he tried to hold back the sadness in his heart and looked at Li Mingxuan guiltily, "I'm sorry, Xiao Xi did it for me..."

The rest of his words were cut off by Li Mingxuan, "You're Xiao Xi's best friend, you don't need to think too much."

The words "best friend" made Fang Luowei's heart bitter, and after a worried glance at Shen Xi, he lowered his head to hide his expression, "Go back quickly, I'm afraid Xiao Xi..." Fang Luowei couldn't say the words "can't help it". Li Mingxuan gave him a deep look and didn't say anything else as he carried Shen Xi away.

As the night breeze blew, Fang Luowei watched the door of the apartment building close tightly after Li Mingxuan, and stood there in a daze until the mobile phone in his pocket suddenly rang.

"Luowei, it's Wenping, is Sanshao with you?" It was Zhao Wenping's deep and steady voice.

Knowing what he was worried about, Fang Luowei replied lightly, "Li Mingxuan has just picked up Xiao Xi."