Chapter 37

While Shen Xi was missing Li Mingxuan's embrace, Li Mingxuan was also thinking about Shen Xi.

After reading the last document in his hand, Li Mingxuan relaxed and casually put the documents together, got up and walked to the huge floor-to-ceiling window.

The branch office of the Li family in Haicheng was located on the top floor of the most prestigious Gemini Building on the financial street. From the office, the view of the whole Haicheng was unobstructed and could only be called excellent. Li Mingxuan used to love this place, and when he was tired of working, he would always stand by the window and look out at the scenery. But this time Li Mingxuan could not concentrate, and the only thing that appeared in his mind was Shen Xi.

It had been ten days since he came to Haicheng, and the original seven-day trip was prolonged by him for three more days. These days, he deliberately used his busy schedule to anaesthetise himself just to avoid thinking of Shen Xi. But this only had an effect during the day.

He got used to holding Shen Xi to sleep every night, and got used to their bodies being intertwined every night. Now Li Mingxuan would always wake up in the middle of the night alone, feeling the emptiness around him, and his thoughts would surge from the bottom of his heart. After that, Li Mingxuan could no longer sleep, but could only paint a picture of Shen Xi in his mind, and spend the long nights missing him.

Although Li Mingxuan felt that he was going crazy with longing, he still held back from making any contact with Shen Xi. He knew he was running away, he just couldn't make a choice. From the moment he discovered his feelings for Shen Xi, he had been struggling internally. Reason reminded him to stay away from Shen Xi, but his emotions indulged him to come closer again and again. Li Mingxuan originally wanted to deceive himself and stay by Shen Xi's side as a cousin, but his father's words before he left sounded like a wake-up call in his ears.

At that time, Li Mingxuan had just sent Shen Xi home and returned to the Li family's house to pack his things for his business trip. To his surprise, his father, who had always gone to bed early, suddenly appeared at the door of his room, posing for a casual chat.

Li Mingxuan didn't think much of it at the time. In the past, his father would chat with him casually like this. He put down his half-packed luggage and sat down with his father.

The topic that the two of them talked about at the beginning was nothing more than matters related to the business trip. Li Mingxuan had done a good job in preparing for the trip and Li Xiyong was very satisfied with it. Seeing that Li Mingxuan was fully prepared for the trip to Haicheng, Li Xiyong suddenly changed the subject, "Mingxuan, do you have someone you like?"

Li Mingxuan was startled; his face had an unnatural expression for a moment, and then he quickly reacted and looked at his father as if nothing had happened, "No, Dad, why would you ask that?"

Li Mingxuan's momentary unnaturalness did not escape Li Xiyong's eyes, but he did not show it. Even after hearing Li Mingxuan's denial, he just smiled as usual and did not continue the topic.

Seeing that his father still had the intention to go on chatting, Li Mingxuan didn't dare to take it lightly anymore and dedicated all his attention to the conversation. Even so, when Li Xiyong asked another question carelessly, Li Mingxuan was still stunned for a moment despite being mentally prepared.

"Mingxuan, you seem to be very close to Shen Xi recently?"

Although his father's expression was the same as usual and he seemed to have asked it casually, when Li Mingxuan thought of the other question his father had just asked and these two unrelated questions put together, he didn't dare to guess what it meant.