Chapter 22

Before Shen Ji could find a chance to talk to Shen Dehan about Chu Qianqian's arrival, Chu Qianqian had unexpectedly rejected Shen Dehan's offer herself.

Despite her apologetic look, Chu Qianqian's attitude was very firm.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Shen, I don't think I'm the right person to be your personal caregiver."

Shen Dehan never thought he would be turned down and the smile had not yet faded from his face, "Xiao Chu, what are you talking about?"

Chu Qianqian gave Shen Dehan an embarrassed look, but still repeated firmly, "Sorry, Mr. Shen, I can't be your personal caregiver."

"Why?" Shen Dehan was a bit confused; these days Chu Qianqian was very attentive to his care, gentle, meticulous and patient. The two got along quite well. Shen Dehan felt that although he was a bit older, he was still quite elegant due to his long-standing high position and good maintenance. He could see from Chu Qianqian's daily behaviour that she did not hate him. He just invited her to do nursing work for him, which was easy and profitable. Why didn't she agree?

Shen Dehan made it clear that he was going to pursue the matter to the end. Chu Qianqian was silent for a moment and spoke softly under Shen Dehan's compelling gaze, "I know your good intentions, Mr. Shen. Someone must have talked to you about my situation and that's why you thought of hiring me as a personal caregiver. Mr. Shen, you are very kind, but that's why I can't agree. You know that I have just graduated and I am still in the internship stage. I am fine at the hospital, but if I go to your home, I will not have enough experience to deal with the unexpected situations that may arise. What your body needs, Mr. Shen, is a professional caregiver, and I can't disregard your health because of your good intentions."

Chu Qianqian's attitude towards Shen Dehan was very gentle, but there was a little alienation in the gentleness. She smiled lightly, grateful for Shen Dehan's kindness, but she didn't need Shen Dehan's sympathy.

Shen Dehan looked at Chu Qianqian in front of him in a moment of daze. He remembered that Fang Yun was also like this back then, with fortitude in her weakness, and chose to refuse his help without hesitation. No matter how difficult the situation was, Fang Yun refused to take advantage of his kindness.

Nostalgia surfaced in Shen Dehan's eyes and his tone became a bit more gentle, "I know my own health, Xiao Chu, don't worry, you can definitely handle it."

Chu Qianqian shook her head, "I appreciate your kindness, Mr. Shen, but I really can't agree."

Shen Dehan sharply interrupted Chu Qianqian's refusal, "If you are worried about my health, I can hire another private nurse, and you can also take the opportunity to learn properly from her. What do you think?"

Chu Qianqian did not expect Shen Dehan to say this; she froze for a moment but still refused.

Looking at Shen Dehan's uncomprehending eyes, Chu Qianqian was embarrassed and finally said in a small voice, "I don't know why but I can feel that Shen Dashao does not like my presence. If Mr. Shen insists on hiring me as a personal caregiver, Shen Dashao will be even more unhappy, right?"

Having said that, Chu Qianqian hurriedly explained, "I am not displeased with Shen Dashao in any way. No one can make everyone like them, I understand this. It's just that you, Mr. Shen, are the first patient I have taken care of since I graduated, and you have a very special meaning to me. You have already given me a lot of care during this time and I am very grateful to you. I wish you all the best and don't want you to have any misunderstanding with your family for me, so I am really unable to agree to your proposal."

After Chu Qianqian finished speaking, she showed a faint smile to Shen Dehan and left the ward without waiting for him to say anything else.

Behind her, Shen Dehan stared at Chu Qianqian's departing figure with a complicated expression, not knowing what to think.