Chapter 19

Li Mingxuan did not stay with Shen Xi for too long; after the rain had subsided a little, he chose to say goodbye. Before he left, he wrote down his phone number on a sticky note for Shen Xi, in case Shen Xi needed to call him for something in the future.

Shen Xi politely thanked Li Mingxuan for his kindness and did not take it seriously. From the bottom of his heart, Shen Xi didn't want to have too much to do with Li Mingxuan. Thinking of Li Mingxuan's friendship with Shen Ji, he couldn't help but doubt Li Mingxuan's motives for approaching him.

Li Mingxuan could see Shen Xi's detachment, smiled and left the phone number without saying anything else.

When he left the hotel, Li Mingxuan threw the changed clothes he was carrying into the back seat, but unexpectedly a black object slipped out of the clothes.

Li Mingxuan was taken aback, only to remember that he deliberately turned off his mobile phone to avoid his mother's calls today, and then casually stuffed it somewhere. No wonder there had been no phone calls all morning.

After thinking about it, Li Mingxuan picked up the phone and turned it on. A long beep sounded and a dozen missed calls popped up, most of them from the Li family.

Li Mingxuan got a headache; he didn't expect his mother to be this persistent.

Having no wish to go home now, Li Mingxuan sat quietly in the car, lit a cigarette and listened to the rain outside the window as he fell into deep thought.

Speaking of which, Li Mingxuan was able to meet Shen Xi because he, like Shen Xi, went to the cemetery today. Like Shen Xi's mother who was buried in this cemetery, Li Mingxuan's grandfather was also buried there.

Grandpa Li valued Li Mingxuan the most during his lifetime and cultivated him as an heir since he was a child. Li Mingxuan never failed to live up to his family's expectations. He studied and took over the family business; everything satisfied the family, except for one thing that deeply hurt Grandpa Li's heart.

Before Grandpa Li died, Li Mingxuan was already an adult. When he returned to China to take over the family business, Li Mingxuan had a serious conversation with his family.

Ignoring the shocked eyes of his family, Li Mingxuan admitted that he was not interested in women and that perhaps he would fall in love with a man in the future. He knew that as the heir of the family, his fate was to marry and to give birth to the next generation of heirs, but he could not guarantee that he could do this.

His sexuality was innate and there was nothing he could do to change it. If his family could accept it, then he would take over the family business according to the family's arrangements. If the family could not accept it, then he would choose to stay abroad and start his own business, and the Li family would still have time to train Mingfei as the heir.

Li Mingxuan's words were like dropping a bomb on the family. Everyone, including Shen Bixue, was blown away by the news. But looking at Li Mingxuan's serious expression, everyone could not help but believe in his determination.

At one point, Shen Bixue even wondered if Li Mingxuan liked Shen Ji. Li Mingxuan had to explain countless times until his family was convinced that he really did not have any feelings for Shen Ji.

Although Shen Ji was ruled out, the family was still not happy. Grandpa Li was so stimulated by this incident that he fell seriously ill. Li Mingxuan felt guilty but he couldn't compromise. It was Li Mingxuan's father who finally came to his senses first. As far as he was concerned, as long as Li Mingxuan could support the Li family, a marriage was not necessary. As for the next heir, didn't they still have Li Mingfei? His only worry was that Li Mingxuan would die alone, but when he thought of his son's conditions, Li Xiyong eventually put his mind at ease.