Chapter 94

Lu Gesen had disappeared. It was the conclusion Shen Xi reached after being unable to contact him for the whole night. It was not that he hadn't thought of other possibilities such as a dead phone, but considering Lu Gesen's usual caution and the fact that there had been no reply to the note he left at Lu Gesen's place asking to call back, Shen Xi had already prepared for the worst.

If Shen Xi didn't know Wang Changlin's true identity, he might not have thought too much about it; but now he couldn't help but suspect that Wang Changlin had done something. With a silent sigh, Shen Xi smiled bitterly. Before that, he had envied Wang Changlin's relationship with Lu Gesen, but when the truth was revealed, everything turned out to be ugly and terrible. Was Wang Changlin taking care of Lu Gesen sincerely or just using him for the sake of his plans?

Shen Xi was worried about Lu Gesen's current situation. He wanted to pretend that nothing was wrong and give Wang Changlin a call to ask, but he was afraid Lu Gesen was really in Wang Changlin's hands and the other party would notice something. Shen Xi couldn't guess Wang Changlin's thoughts. What did he want? Shen Group? But now that Shen Group was under his control, what was he dissatisfied with? If Lu Gesen's disappearance was really his doing, what was his purpose? To him, it should have been the Shen family that he hated from the beginning to the end; the Han family was just an innocent pawn that had not only done nothing wrong to him, but had been broken because of him. What else was there for him to calculate?

"What's on your mind?"

Li Mingxuan's voice came from behind him. Shen Xi turned around and saw Li Mingxuan coming out of the bathroom topless. Perhaps it was because he had rested well that night, the sense of depression that surrounded him in the previous days had dissipated and his whole body looked radiant.

"Thinking about Lu Gesen. I wonder where the hell he is now."

While speaking, Li Mingxuan walked up to Shen Xi and naturally leaned down to exchange a kiss with him, comforting him, "Maybe you're overthinking it, maybe Lu Gesen just spent the night out and his phone is out of battery."

Shen Xi frowned, "Maybe."

Li Mingxuan didn't want to worry Shen Xi and consciously betrayed Ye Han, "If you're really worried, why don't we ask Ye Han to help you check? With the Ye family's power you should be able to find out soon."

A hint of a smile appeared in Shen Xi's eyes and he raised his eyebrows, "A favour to you?"

Li Mingxuan smiled and nodded, "A favour to us."

Shen Xi did not refuse Li Mingxuan's offer. Wang Changlin's past information was so well disguised that even Lao K couldn't find it, but the Ye family had easily checked it out, thus showing that the Ye family's power was indeed huge. The sooner he got the news about Lu Gesen, the sooner he could rest assured.

Lu Gesen didn't know that Shen Xi was worried about him at this time. When he woke up from a coma, he found that he was trapped in a strange room, and in addition to him, there were four other men in the room that he didn't know.

After the initial shock, Lu Gesen quickly figured out his current situation. These men were only responsible for guarding him. Apart from the fact that he could not communicate with the outside world and could not go out, the other party did not restrict any of his movements and even did their best to satisfy him with any requests he had.

For example, the breakfast from Zhou Ji's restaurant was laid out in front of him.

Lu Gesen slowly and methodically ate his breakfast, not moving as he surveyed the people in the room, calculating in his mind the possibility of getting out of the trap. Unfortunately, the forces were unequal, and as much as he thought, he could not figure out how he would be able to disarm four strong men at the same time and leave the place smoothly.