Chapter 82

When Shen Xi received the news that Zhou Mingmei had been kicked out of the hospital by Shen Dehan, he was waiting for Lu Gesen at the cemetery.

After hanging up Lao K's call, Shen Xi looked at his mother's photo on the tombstone with complicated eyes. When he first arranged for Chu Qianqian to appear beside Shen Dehan, he did so not only to alienate Shen Dehan and Shen Ji, but also to avenge his mother's grievances she had suffered because of Zhou Mingmei. Now that Zhou Mingmei had finally tasted what it was like to be treated like a treasure in the name of true love and discarded when the interest was lost, he got to realise that his mother might not be what he remembered and that she didn't love his father as much as he thought. At some moment, another man appeared in her life. She was pregnant by him and even planned to leave the Shen family. Shen Xi wondered what his mother was going to do about him. Would she take him away with her? Or would she leave him alone in the Shen family?

Shen Xi stood there quietly, forcing himself to stop thinking about it. No matter what plans her mother had had at the time, she still ended up leaving him alone in the Shen family's house.

"Xiao Xi!" Lu Gesen's voice interrupted his thoughts.

Shen Xi turned back as if nothing had happened, "Cousin!"

Lu Gesen nodded, bent down and placed the lilies of the valley in his hands in front of the tomb, then got up and turned to Shen Xi, "How are you doing?"

Shen Xi smiled lightly, "Fine."

Although the two had long recognized each other as relatives, they were not close. On the one hand, they both deliberately kept their distance from each other to prevent anyone from finding out about their relationship. On the other hand, despite their close blood ties, the years of estrangement could not be made up for in just half a year's time together. Although Lu Gesen felt guilty for ignoring Shen Xi all these years and wanted to make amends, he did not know how to start.

Thinking that it was Shen Xi's initiative to ask for a meeting this time, Lu Gesen said with concern, "Is there something wrong?"

Shen Xi nodded. He had already pieced together the general truth about the Han and the Shen families' past. He also felt Lu Gesen had the right to know the truth. Regardless of who was right and who was wrong, he had an obligation to tell Lu Gesen about the past. Apart from that, he wanted to meet Wang Changlin. Lao K had been unable to find out who the man next to his mother was, but since Wang Changlin knew a lot about the past, maybe he had some clues.

It was not that Shen Xi hadn't thought that Wang Changlin was that man, but subconsciously he didn't want to think so.

After letting go of any distracting thoughts about Wang Changlin, Shen Xi told Lu Gesen the story he had pieced together. Lu Gesen's expression changed several times as he listened, and halfway through, he even looked at Han Rou's picture on the tombstone with complicated eyes. When Shen Xi had finished, Lu Gesen took a deep breath and looked serious, "Xiao Xi, are you sure this is the truth?"

Shen Xi nodded, "Some of these things I found out, some of them were told to me by others. Don't worry, that person would never lie to me."

Who was that person? Shen Xi didn't say, and Lu Gesen didn't ask either. Outsiders didn't know that Shen Xi and Li Mingxuan were together. When Lu Gesen heard how certain Shen Xi was, he didn't say anything, just lowered his head in silence, thinking about something.

Shen Xi's account of the past was almost identical to what his foster father had told him, except that his foster father had not mentioned some details. Maybe his foster father did not know either?

Lu Gesen sorted out his thoughts and looked at Shen Xi, "Father's car accident?"

Shen Xi shook his head, "I couldn't find any clues."