Chapter 92

Zhou Mingmei disappeared silently; when Shen Rong woke up, he was in a trance for a while before he realised what had happened before.

At this moment, he had been sent back to his room and was lying on the bed there. Shen Rong looked around in horror, but there was no one else in the room except him. When he thought of what he had heard earlier and the blood stain that he had noticed behind the door, his complexion turned extremely white.

Why? Didn't Wang Changlin have a good relationship with his mother? Hadn't he always acted as if he was very fond of Shen Rong? Why would he do this? Why?

When he couldn't find the answers to these questions, Shen Rong suddenly thought of something, eagerly crawled to the edge of the bed and struggled to reach for the mobile phone on the table. He couldn't stay here. Wang Changlin was a madman, he would kill him, he had to find someone to save him, yes, find someone to save him.

The phone was soon in his hands and Shen Rong fumbled for the number in a panic. Who could save him at this time? Shen Ji, Shen Cheng or Shen Xi? He couldn't think of anyone else; the people around him were not his friends, he only got close to them by offering his body, and now that he was like this, no one of those people was willing to take care of him. Only now did Shen Rong realise sadly that once something happened to him, the first people he would think of to turn for help were actually his three brothers.

Shen Rong searched through the phone for the numbers of the three of them. He didn't have the numbers of the other two, except for Shen Cheng. But would Shen Cheng answer his call? Shen Rong didn't have time to think too much; his only thought at this moment was to find someone to save him. Shaking, Shen Rong tapped on the number about to dial it when the door of the room was suddenly pushed open and Wang Changlin appeared at the door with a kind expression on his face.

"Ah Rong, who do you want to contact?"

Shen Rong's movements froze; he lifted his head a little as if he were a puppet, looking towards the door in shock, his voice trembling, "I, I, I don't know."

Wang Changlin took a step into the room and walked towards him with a faint smile, "What's wrong? So scared?"

Seeing Wang Changlin approach step by step, Shen Rong instinctively dragged his body backwards and shrank back in the bed, "You, don't come over!"

Wang Changlin looked at him affectionately, as if he was looking at a disobedient child, and smilingly reached out and placed his hand on top of Shen Rong's head, "Ah Rong, why are you so afraid of me? Didn't I say that in my heart you are just like my own son? Don't you believe my words?"

Shen Rong no longer knew what expression he should put on now. Wang Changlin's hand seemed to carry an insidious coldness. As it moved over his head, he only felt chills all over his body, trembling uncontrollably.

His behaviour caused disappointment to pass through Wang Changlin's eyes, "Ah Rong, you are so cowardly, it's really too disappointing for me."

Shen Rong couldn't say a word; he just kept trembling.

Wang Changlin reached out and took the phone away from him, smiling as he said, "Although I don't object to you contacting Shen Ji and the others, I still have a few things left to do, so to avoid trouble, it's better for you to be obedient and stay put."

Shen Rong watched as Wang Changlin took away his hope and couldn't help but muster up the courage to say in a trembling voice, "Uncle Wang, can you let me go? I'll do as I'm told, I'll leave the country immediately, I promise I'll never return to Zhongjing in my lifetime, I'll never get in your way, Uncle Wang, please let me go, I beg you."

The smile on Wang Changlin's face faded. He looked at Shen Rong's pleading face in silence. Seeing Shen Rong's pathetic look, he sneered, "I swore to eliminate the Shen family. There will be no more Shen family in this world."