Chapter 68

The premiere of "Troubled Times" was a great success. Chen Zhiwei got rid of his previous bad luck and became proud of himself, and Fang Luowei won people's attention with his stunning costumed appearance; but among the main figures, the media paid most attention to Shen Xi.

As an uneducated playboy in the eyes of the public, Shen Xi didn't seem optimistic before he invested in "Troubled Times", and the media mentioned him as a loser who had too much money to burn. However, the success of the movie made all the media change their tone, and Shen Xi became a wise man with a discerning eye. After declining all media interviews, Shen Xi and Li Mingxuan left the premiere in a low-key manner.

On the way home, neither of them said anything, and the quiet car was filled with the soft sound of violin, a faint warmth flowing between them.

Taking advantage of waiting for the green light, Li Mingxuan could not help but lean over and give Shen Xi a quick kiss. Shen Xi was in a very good mood tonight; with a smile in his eyes, he took the initiative to reach out and wrap his arms around Li Mingxuan, who was about to retreat, and deepen the kiss. A whistle sounded from the car next to them, and Shen Xi smiled slightly, ending the kiss as the green light was lit.

Li Mingxuan straightened and looked ahead, but the corners of his mouth curled in a gentle smile.

Back in the community, in the elevator the two reached out at the same time and held each other in a tacit understanding. The two of them opened the door of their apartment almost impatiently; no one bothered to turn on the light, and by the glowing white moonlight outside the window, Li Mingxuan pushed Shen Xi to the door and kissed him hard.

Shen Xi tilted his head to accept Li Mingxuan's kiss, wrapped his arms around Li Mingxuan's neck and pressed his body against him.

In the moonlight flowing like water, the two bodies were intimately entwined and did not part for a long time.

After the long love-making, Shen Xi was carried into the bathroom by Li Mingxuan. After some careful cleaning, Shen Xi wrapped himself in the blanket and lay down on the bed. Li Mingxuan sat on the edge of the bed and leaned down to kiss him, "Be good, sleep first, I'll answer a few emails."

Shen Xi nodded, but found that he couldn't sleep, so he subconsciously stared at Li Mingxuan sitting next to him.

Under the warm orange light, Li Mingxuan was looking at the computer intently. From Shen Xi's perspective, Li Mingxuan's profile was incomparably handsome, and the concentration on his face was inexpressibly attractive. Shen Xi looked at Li Mingxuan quietly, with tenderness in his eyes that he hadn't even noticed himself.

When he woke up the next day, Li Mingxuan had already left for the office. Shen Xi washed up and turned on his computer. Unsurprisingly, he saw two completely different headlines in the entertainment pages of various portals.

"Shen Sanshao makes a strong comeback with 'Troubled Times', and his discerning eye is worthy of being called wise!"

"Shen Dashao and Ershao clash in another scandal over assets, the whereabouts of Shen Group's huge sum of money is a mystery!"

Two reports with very different contents, yet inextricably linked, placed side by side, contained an indescribable irony. For the first time, Shen Xi, who had always had a negative image, appeared in front of readers in a positive light, while Shen Ji and Shen Cheng, who had always seemed perfect, were implicated in the scandal of unaccounted funds. Shen Xi skipped the story about himself and his eyes rested on the other story. Shen Ji wanted to keep the matter under wraps, but it was still exposed, and in such a way.

In the office, Shen Ji stared at the newspaper in front of him in silence. The atmosphere was indescribably depressing. The assistant carefully glanced at Shen Ji, guessing his mood at the moment.