Chapter 79

When Xi was woken up in the morning by the sound of Li Mingxuan talking on the phone.

The light in the bedroom was still blocked out by heavy curtains but it could be seen from the crack in the bedroom door to the living room. Li Mingxuan's voice came in, the words "I can't blame Xiao Xi for this" faintly heard.

Shen Xi sat up in a daze, just as Li Mingxuan finished his phone call and came back.

"Awake?" Without waiting for Shen Xi to answer, he walked up to Shen Xi's side and said softly, "Did I wake you up?"

Shen Xi shook his head and said in a muffled voice, "What time is it?"

Li Mingxuan picked up the warm water he had prepared and handed it to Shen Xi, watching him drink it before saying, "It's almost noon."

"So late?" Shen Xi was surprised, then realised something, "Cousin, why didn't you go to the office?"

Li Mingxuan took the glass of water from Shen Xi's hand, smiled and rubbed his messy hair, "I have to go home later." The news he heard yesterday was too shocking, and as it concerned Shen Xi, he had something he needed to confirm with his mother.

Shen Xi said, "Oh," and reached out for Li Mingxuan to let him help him put on his clothes.

Li Mingxuan lowered his head and kissed him, "Where is Xiao Xi going today?"

Shen Xi said casually, "I'm going to the company."

Li Mingxuan's heart twitched and he gave Shen Xi a concerned look, saying nothing. From last night until now, Shen Xi had been acting as if nothing had happened, but the more he did so, the more worried Li Mingxuan was. He originally thought that Shen Xi would choose to stay alone in a quiet space, but instead, Shen Xi unexpectedly wanted to go to the company. Was he going to meet someone? Thinking about the fact that Shen Xi seemed to be secretly investigating what happened in the past, Li Mingxuan frowned slightly and a worry welled up in his heart.

After having lunch, the two walked downstairs and turned in different directions.

In the Li family's living room, Shen Bixue looked torn, "Xiyong, what exactly do you think Xuan knows?"

Li Xiyong put down the book in his hand, "What did Dehan say?"

Shen Bixue smiled bitterly, "Big Brother was furious and refused to say anything, so we need to ask Mingxuan ourselves. But when I called Mingxuan, Mingxuan wouldn't say anything either, he just said he had to come home later."

Li Xiyong was not impressed, "Since Mingxuan will be back later, just ask him."

Shen Bixue looked at Li Xiyong worriedly, "I heard from Big Brother that Mingxuan and Xiao Xi seem to know about what happened back then. I'm worried about what I should say if Mingxuan and Xiao Xi ask."

Li Xiyong was helpless, "Since Dehan said they knew, if Mingxuan asks, you should tell the truth, there's nothing to hide."

Shen Bixue thought of Shen Dehan's angry reaction on the phone and hesitated, "It's a matter of face for Big Brother, let's see what to say depending on the situation."

When Li Mingxuan arrived home, he saw his parents sitting together in the living room, obviously looking like they were waiting for him.

"Dad, Mom."

Li Xiyong nodded and gestured for him to sit beside him, saying casually, "Xiao Xi didn't come?"

"Xiao Xi went to the company," Li Mingxuan said.

Li Xiyong nodded, and Shen Bixue couldn't help but say, "What happened yesterday? Your uncle was furious."

Li Mingxuan had come home because of yesterday's incident, so he recounted what had happened, but of course what Shen Xi said to Shen Dehan was consciously concealed by him.