I

"You are here." Jour Thames whispered in her son's ears. She shouldn't have brought her little boy, despite his continuous begging. Her son should have stayed home with her husband. No. She shouldn't have left for Harris Village. If she hadn't left, maybe her son could still live.

Her shaking hands desperately reached for her son. Cale, her dear Cale. Her baby boy is confusedly looking at her. Her son should have lived a few more years before his fate took him to another world. She knew. She knew how wretchedly painful this would be.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, "I'm so sorry."

She still apologized despite her breath being slowly ragged and short.

She felt a warm small hand on her cheeks. The small smile on her child's face eases the unbearable pain in her heart. "What... what is... is your name?"

"Kim... rok... soo..." said a gentle yet cold childish voice.

She smiled tenderly and reached for the child who should have died before her, "Cale... Rok Soo..." Embracing the small warmth one last time, at least, the soul inside her child is pure and kind, "live well... live well and happy, Rok Soo."

[.----.]

"Young master, thank God! You are awake."

Gosh. That profound voice is giving him the chills. Who would go and greet someone who had just woken up with that kind of cold voice? He groggily sat down on the bed and forced his eyes open. He felt like he had fallen into a deep, good sleep. He remembered fighting with some monsters in Korea. He, along with his teammates, was eradicated with the monster's breath.

Ahh... just what happened? I was there with Choi Jung Soo, right? We were supposed to die. I was supposed to be dead.

An old man with a benign, sly smile was standing before him. His eyes looked around. The room was some kind of lavish western house. The old man before him had a stern face while staring at him in confusion. He could hear the noises outside the room, and he couldn't help but ask.

"What's going on?" Wait a minute. Why is this old man looking at him like that?

"It's the day of the funeral, young master... you should get ready."

Funeral?

"Whose funeral?" he asked innocently. He regretted asking this question. This situation coincides somewhere in his memories. He tightly closed his eyes, and a particular flashback in the novel he couldn't finish rang.

The Birth of a Hero The book he nonchalantly browses and decides to borrow on his day off. He just skimmed the pages and happened to remember the important part. He regretted not skimming the fifth and sixth volumes, although he had just half-heartedly read through them and deemed them interesting.

You gallantly fucked up, Kim Rok Soo.

"Young Master Cale?"

He turned towards the source of the worrying voice to find the old man, who looked like a servant, seriously looking at him.

Yes, he heard it clearly. The character he went ahead and occupied.

Cale, Young Master.

Something serious has happened to me.

"Cale Henituse?"

The old servant immediately knelt before him on one knee and held both his shoulders. "Yes... that is your name, Young Master... please honestly tell me... what is my name?"