XII

The majority of the Nobles agreed on the law establishing centralized economic relations. Deruth huffs in disbelief. The controlling votes in the House of Nobles were two-thirds to one-third in the House of Commons. Naturally, Henituse, Ubarr, Chetter, and Wheelsman voted against it, but the power of the other factions was too great. Deruth didn't appear to be disappointed. He had the most relaxed yet vile expression that anyone could see.

"We are deeply sorry for this, Mr. Evans," said a House of Commons spokesperson.

"There is no need for Lord Henituse to apologize; he has already accepted this reality; it's just so sad that the Lords and the future will be the same as this," Evans responded.

Deruth pursed his lips. His son, fully aware of the outcome, has already set the plan in motion after sending the signal through their device.

Deruth said quietly, "This will not be too long, Mr. Evans," with a wonderful expression. It could alarm even the nobles but the nobles have already decided not to mind him.

"Lord Deruth," Zed Crossman, King of Rowoon Kingdom, exclaimed.

He bowed to the representative of the commons and approached the King, who was with the princes.

"your words and actions have left a deep impression on my heart... I will never forget how you tried to stand up to the factions, but I hope you will continue to serve the kingdom with your loyalty."

Deruth smiled benignly, as he always does when Ron smiles at his son. "Your Majesty, I didn't understand what you were saying."

His response frightened the princes. It's impolite and arrogant to respond to the king in that manner. Deruth appears to have found his calling in politics.

"Those beautiful words won't feed the poorest of our people... those praises won't stop the development of the kingdom," he replied honestly, "your words will only serve as the butter to the power that's about to be served."

Deruth inspires awe in the prince. Most nobles try their hardest to take advantage of the royalty. Deruth could see the twinkle in the princes' eyes as they looked at him.

These princes are not at fault. It is the king and queen's fault that they are involved in this succession battle.

"Your Highnesses," he asked, "what do you think is the most plausible but devious plan to move people for the kingdom's prosperity?"

The princes look at him. "Is it enacting laws?" Zed Crossman replied.

The second and third princes agreed with a nod. Alver, on the other hand, did not meet his gaze and replied, "It's statecraft."

Deruth smiled at the first prince and replied, "yes, your highness... it's statecraft... it's the most plausible and devious plan to move people by their will..." He scoffs and looks at the other princes, "next question... can you?"

His words had silenced the royal family. Nobody expected the still-neutral man to confront the crown with these questions. However, only one voice echoed, causing the nobles to stop laughing as their victory came to an end.

"Yes... I can," Alver replied, claiming his ability to lead and his right to the throne.

"We are watching, Your Highness, the Henituse is," said Deruth, who had been fair and just, the benevolent man whose records could not be surpassed by any nobles.

Deruth exited the grand hall after bowing to the royal family. The nobles who followed the Henituse did so without looking at the other nobles. The Commons silently bowed respectfully to the crowns before departing with the Lord.