XVI

"Here," Alver says, placing the papers on the table. Cale carefully examined it before turning to Alver. "This is chapters one to three of the politics-1 class. This will be discussed in the afternoon."

"Only chapters one through three?" Antonio asks, gulping. These are required for the pre-requisite legal classes for Cale, Alver, and Antonio. Students majoring in administration and literature must take this course. Taylor is the only one with a small smile on his face while looking at them dejectedly.

"I'm hoping we'll make it," Antonio says as he takes one of the three stacks. The height was more than half a meter, with eleven different font sizes. "Ugh..."

Taylor hums and casts a depressing glance at the three people slumped in their seats.

Cale casually flips through his stack of compiled copies. Antonio and Alver exchanged puzzled looks before beginning to read like the good students they should be. When they noticed Cale simply making copy after copies, both Alver and Antonio stopped reading. He throws the paperback on the shelf when he's finished, intending not to take it with him.

"What did you just do?" Alver inquires.

Cale sat back and said casually, "read," his head resting on the cushion, his arm resting on his eyes.

"So it is true," Antonio said as he looked at Cale, who was sound asleep during their break. He'd heard about Cale's photographic memory, but he tried hard to deny it. He realized right away why Cale preferred to study in their room instead of the student lounge library. Cale, he thought, was too humble for a noble.

"Why am I not surprised?" Alver sits down and continues to read so that he can speak in class. Taylor had a soft expression on her face as she brewed tea for their group.

"I wonder what everyone's reaction would be if they saw him?"

"They'd probably be surprised," Taylor replied. He was the only person to complete the questionnaire accurately, and he also scored 100 percent on the trickiest history question.

"I've got five there," Antonio shivered.

Taylor stated, "I got four."

"I got seven... but this one got fifteen on the questionnaire, beating Lady Karin, who got eight," Alver says, "she's the toughest competition if you ask me."

They're all aware that they're smart. But with the redhead, they felt like the most stupid people alive.

"I wish I had half his intelligence."

"They, too, had burdens... genius people are born once in a century, that puts hardworking people to shame..." he smiled, "I'm just glad, Cale is not someone who puts people down... he even helps me with my math subject before."

"I doubt he didn't ask for something," says Antonio."

"No... he didn't ask for anything... aside from the tea I'm currently brewing, he didn't ask for anything... he hates lemon tea the most," Taylor says.

"Well... it's lemon tea from hell, coupled with a vicious old man gently smiling," Alver said of Ron's lemon tea.

Antonio had gone silent in response to Taylor's response and Alver's chirping.

"The only person he asks for something of value is Alver," Taylor says.

Alver agrees with a hum. "Even without my request, he asks for a golden plaque while planning to buy liquor to smuggle in; I'm not sure which is more important, me or the golden plague."

"Typical Cale," Taylor says, "of course, it's the golden plaque. You spoil him too much, your highness."

"Can't deny that, but he's adorable," Alver says triumphantly."