LXIV

"I just... love you so much..."

Their intertwined, desolate roads will part... Cale knew from the very start that he has to wake up from this dreamland and face his lonely reality.

A father's love.

A family's oneness.

Everything was made for Cale, not for him alone.

This world was made for Cale Henituse, not him.

"I am sorry... for causing you so much pain..."

Even if his place was by his side, Deruth wasn't his.

Saying goodbye has always been the most difficult thing to do. He never imagined himself doing something like this, especially to this person.

He who listens. He who always knows what to say to his wavering heart. He knew when to give him a hug and comfort him. He is the one who made him the child he is and the person he could be.

No one will ever be able to take his place in his heart.

That is the only thing he can promise.

He was aware that the time for their separation was approaching. Their time together is coming to an end. He has prayed and will continue to pray for the rest of his life to begin without him. He had always known, from his words and their previous farewells, that their lasting happiness would eventually draw to a close.

They can't reverse time's flow.

He will try to keep his pain hidden from everyone. He tried to act as if everything was fIt was a sign that he should have given up long ago and pursued a path that no one would dare to take. He can only hold onto him before he loses himself in the anger behind his mask.

How can I let you go?

No one told him how. He had always been the one left behind.

No one taught him to let go without giving everything up.

No one taught him it was even more painful to elt go of someone he truly loves.

But....

He wished he could grab Deruth's parting hands and hope that his feelings reached him.

He was able to say things he could not before.

Words he could not put into words before.

He no longer knows how to live alone, so he will live for himself this time.

For as long as he lives. For as long as he exists...

This is a fearless life.

A world without him would be meaningless. He has long desired and hoped to be loved.

He felt emotions and relished every moment of them.

This person taught him that.

This person became a source of hope for him.

"Thank you."

In a time and place where they can be together peacefully.

"Thank you for everything..."

This is the last. He wanted to reach out before everything returned to normal.

"Thank you for loving me... for caring for me... for protecting me! Thank you! Thank you so much!"

He can proudly keep his feelings and remember the times when he first learned what love was.

"Thank you for allowing me to be your son!"