LIX

Cale has calmed down while listening to Deruth's soft humming. His father did not abandon him, nor did he abandon himself. He peacefully buried his head on his shoulder.

Both father and son were agitated as they held each other and confirmed the warmth they shared.

Someone who keeps a secret.

The other is waiting for a response.

"Too bad..." Deruth laughs lightly, "you are too big for me to carry now."

Right, he matured during his year at the academy. He is already at Deruth's shoulder height..

"I want to go home," Cale complains.

Deruth huffs and laughs at his son, "go give your speech at the graduation ceremony, then we will go home, and we will prepare for your coming-of-age ceremony as well.""

"Let us keep it simple," he suggested.

"no... let us make it as grand as possible... my pumpkin is already young man... you should find the best muse to accompany you... the most beautiful and kindest girl..."

"Then mother would be the best dance partner," Cale said, and Deruth gave him a bitter smile.

"If your mother had been alive, you could have danced with her as well.""

Cale did not respond. "That would be beautiful too... but... I want to live in the present... while keeping the memories of the past intact... my mother right now is Violan... so... I want to have her as my very first dance," he said as he slowly separated from Deruth.

"She would love to," Deruth said happily, cupping his cheeks, "and your crown prince Hyung-nim would certainly fight for the first dance..."

"I do not care... he can dance by himself..."

"What a ruthless little pumpkin you are," Deruth laughs. He smiled lovingly at Cale and said, "You should go back inside now."

"Are you going to return?"

"Yes," Deruth replied hesitantly, "but I will attend your graduation ceremony."

Cale nodded and pecked Deruth's cheeks with a smile, saying, "Be safe, Dad."

"Of course, be safe, pumpkin. Go back inside now and sleep."

"Good night..."

"Goodnight, too," Deruth says as he kisses his brow and pats his head again.

The days passed quickly. Cale and the rest of the gang are frantically submitting paperwork and papers. They led the Supreme Student Council, which became the most prestigious youth council in the Western Kingdom, putting the Empire's academy to shame. They were successful in convincing the kingdom to adopt schemes from the small academy, making the entire Kingdom more prosperous than it had ever been. Somehow, during his fourth year, a lot of bastards and bitches joined his slacker's organization.

And turned the slacker organisation into the busiest. He had a list of those who signed up for slacking around, but it made the entire organization the busiest.

And...

Today's the day of their graduation. Alver, Antonio, Taylor, Rosalyn, and Cale all wore the Academy's graduation robe. Their families all watched them in awe as they walked on the red carpet of the grand hall. There are observation lacrimas and communication devices available.

Cale, who received the highest honours, must endure yet another terrible speech.

Cale, on the other hand, had no intention of sugarcoating his words for the time being.