XXXV

His mother was murdered by people known as Nobles.

Alver assumed the form of a dark elf and roamed the capital. His life was made miserable by her mysterious death. He thought the king was looking into it, but after seeing the record, his hands fell soullessly on his side.

He was not sure what to believe any longer.

He reasoned that he needed to see for himself what the King had previously assured him. However, the records are turning things off with the intention of ceasing to care.

His mother was a lowly maid, a concubine... and even though she was a concubine, the king should have made some effort to give her justice. The crown was the one who kept everything hidden. Even if it was infatuation, the king shouldn't have treated them this way.

Alver stared blankly at the object in front of him.

Everything about him was imperfect. Everything about him is his weakness.

The Crossman family was said to have received the blessings and protection of the sun god. However, upon closer inspection, it was a curse rather than a blessing. If this was revealed, the Crossman Royal family's power and fame would be destroyed. This is what his father, the king, had forbidden him from seeing.

The fact that he was born with Dark Elf blood and had the darkness within him. According to the curse, someone who should never become the head of the Crossman household had tricked the family into becoming the head.

No bastard would recognize a quarter dark elf king.

The copy of the boulder that the king forbade anyone to see was right in front of him.

That child can't become the sun.

He held back his anger and continued to read the passages.

Alberu focused on one sentence on the boulder.

< The moment a person with that darkness becomes the head of the household, the sky will be destroyed, and the ground will tremble. >

You are fated to be here, Your Highness.

He was lost for words after remembering Cale's words clearly.

He subconsciously raised his hand to brush his face. He was feeling very odd right now. It was hard to discover the emotion he was feeling right now.

Dejection?

Disappointment?

Embarrassment?

How should he explain this emotion? He could not tell. He could not put on his usual smile as he faced everyone around him.

Is he not permitted to dream?

With a heavy heart, he left the study of the royal library. He didn't want to meet anyone right now. He did not want anyone close to him to see how broken he was. He had to overcome this and come up with an answer on his own.

But... is he allowed to respond?

He was deep in thought, and he had never considered meeting the one person he did not want to meet. Cale Henituse was standing in front of him. He was dressed in simple clothes that a young master would never wear.

"Hello, Baby Cale," he croaked at the time. He did not dare to approach or get close to him. He was embarrassed and ashamed of himself. His heart and mind are both trembling right now.

"What is the matter, Hyung-nim?" Cale asked softly, making him catch his breath.

He opened his mouth subconsciously and said, "I can not become King."

This jerk was someone who was aware of his Dark Elf heritage but had no ill will toward them.

This bastard had someone who helped him.

This bastard was similar to him.

That is why he can not face Cale Henituse here today with a heavy heart.

"I see."

He was at a loss for words with his response. He thought he would be different. He expected Cale to act differently. He expected Cale to disagree and say something like, "Why should we care about that?" 'Prince Idiot'. That was what he thought Cale would say

He was hoping to hear him say something different.

"It will be terrible if I become the king."

"What nonsense are you talking about?" Cale was grumbling quietly and ignored him. "Why are you acting like this?" he asked Cale, who was staring him down.

"I am a dark elf..."

"So what is the big deal?"

Cale had a blank expression on his face.

"Alver Crossman, your highness, your existence is natural."

Alver flinched and repeated Cale's words aloud, as if to himself.

"Hyung-nim... are you already giving up without a fight?"

.

.

Cale can see the hesitation in Alver's expression.He had no idea what had happened in the palace, and his father had not told him anything. The look on Alver's face was the same back when he was still Kim Rok Soo. Alver's expression was the same as it had been when he was still Kim Rok Soo.

Even if some of them were ineffective, the previous kings of the Rowoon kingdom were never evil or harmed the citizens. Because of their inability to lead properly, the kingdom had been in difficult times, but future generations took responsibility and fixed it so that they could survive until now.

This was the kingdom with the continent's longest and most ancient history.

Every king has one or two secrets.

Cale made the decision to approach the Prince. "Do not come close, not now... young lord Henituse," Alver said before he could take a step.

Hearing that title made his blood boil, but Cale could not say anything after seeing the tears in his eyes.

The big brother prince, who has never cried in his life, is crying in front of him. He could not say anything and just stood there watching the prince walk away.

Kim Rok Soo, you scumbag! Now's not the time to be an idiot!

Cale reached out immediately and grabbed the hem of Alver's clothes.The dark elf came to a halt, but he did not turn away from him..

"Where are you going?!" He can recall scenes from his past life in this manner.

He clutched Alver's clothes tightly only to find the prince looking at him as if begging him.

"Baby Cale," the tone was soft and gentle. "Just this once... please..."

Please what?

Cale gritted his teeth and shook his head.

Alver looked at him and smiled. "Sleep," he said, his hand covering Cale's eyes.

Cale had no idea the prince possessed magical abilities. He fought the urge to sleep, but the sound of Alver's voice forced him to. He wobbled and stumbled forward. He recalls Alver catching him safely and gently in his arms. He remembers the said soulful tone when he said 'thank you. However, when Cale woke up, he wasn't there. Alver Crossman disappeared without a trace.

"That bastard drama prince! If he's going to make a shit show, he should have made it with a bang!" Cale gritted and forgot all respect due for the royalty.

TBC