XLII

The revolutionary scheme proposed by Cale Henituse became a hot topic even within the Rowoon Kingdom. A twelve-year-old child was able to devise various schemes that favored commoners even more.

Even Deruth, the father of the said child, was surprised.

"LORD DERUTH! WHAT KIND OF BOOKS ARE YOU MAKING YOUR SON READ?!" the nobles ask him as soon as he walks into the conference hall.

He can not say he does not know. He could not let his fatherly pride suffer because he did not know what books his son was reading. He rummages through every book he can find about government, and thank God for one torn book about governance, from which he was able to concoct some answers.

"Well... there is an interesting book back in the villa that Cale has taken a liking to," Deruth replied coolly and smugly. "It is quite interesting to devise potential schemes, particularly in organizations or politics."

"Can you lend it to me?" the nobles ask, hoping to find something to compel their children to study.

"Even I do not want to incur my son's wrath if I lend his treasured books," Deruth said with a saintly smile. When it comes to the worst-case scenario, he is gifted. "Cale loves books. Even I have to be mindful of my actions before I enter my own Library."

That was my excuse. They really are father and son.

**

"Baby Cale, since we are going to be sworn brothers, we should drink to it." Cale frowned at Alver, who was overjoyed to be sworn brothers with him.

Cale was busy connecting the communication device to Deruth when he said, "I will be drinking juice.".

"You are a party pooper," Alver says, adorably pouting, "and my Baby Cale does not want to share feelings with his poor big brother prince."

"I already promised myself to share my first cup of wine with Father at my coming of age," Cale said, turning to face Alver.

Deruth once told him that it is okay to drink because it is customary for young masters to be able to drink at a young age. However, since times are different right now, Cale wanted something memorable to commemorate and remember when he was older. When he was Kim Rok Soo, he never had the opportunity to experience these family events. This is out of character for him, but he truly wants to enjoy every moment with his current family.

"right... you are twelve... Uncle Ron also holds up your alcohol when you are fifteen," Alver reasoned, "then let us take Juice for our oath... Let our warm brotherly bond be as sweet as juice..."

"Right prince... this Ron will make the best Lemon juice in the entire Rowoon Kingdom."

Alver turned to the communication device, which had finally connected to the count. His dumbfounded expression changed into an owlish idiotic one. The vicious butler is currently brewing tea for Lord Deruth, who is grinning widely.

Cale, "Can't you spare one moment without Lemon?"

Collective nods followed. Not only Alver and Cale, but also Antonio and Taylor, joined the fray.

"I am afraid not, Young Master... it is better to be safe than sorry," Ron says brightly.

"What a vicious old man," Antonio muttered breathlessly as he made his way to the cafeteria. Taylor trailed him, leaving Cale and Alver alone in the room.

"Count..." Alver said with a big smile, "Would you like to be my godfather in my ceremony?"

"Godfather?" Deruth asked, looking at the prince, "Should not someone from the royal line stand as godfather?"