XIV

Five Months Later...

Cale Henituse - well, Kim Rok Soo applauded a lot of things.

One is his father, who continues to support Orsena while quietly building Alver's reputation.

Second, Violan portrays herself as a pitiful mother whose son is on his way out the door. This is advantageous for him because there have been rumors that Violan is close to her stepson, and she cannot bear the thought of marrying him. When the subject of marriage was brought up, Orsena Duchy's reputation skyrocketed.

Basen, who is now eight years old, is studying administration and politics. Even though Cale had been declared the heir to the County, Basen had been a positive influence on everyone by studying to assist his older brother with internal affairs.

Fourth, Lily's first word is Oppa. Cale was thus the very first person to receive proper endearment. He had so much fun teasing the Henituse Couple, whose ma and da had yet to leave the infant's mouth. To Deruth's chagrin, he and Basen hold the record for the infant's first words.

Fifth, the black egg unintentionally awakens Vicross' maternal instinct. Cale left the egg in Vicross's care because he had to do some work as punishment. Ron's grandfather's instinct is also at work, as evidenced by the fact that he keeps wiping the egg clean and shiny while speaking to it.

Last but not least, the first Prince Alver's steely nerves while publicly calling him Baby Cale. Cale snorts and refuses to accept the Prince's endearment.

"So... baby Cale... I'll see you in the capital then."

The prince had developed his glib tongue and had been pressuring all nobles to side with him. His father's contribution to faction control is gradually taking over in the conference. A few more laws are passed for the benefit of the citizens, much to Cale's delight, and Alver is at the center of all of these laws.

The people's allegiance is gradually shifting to the Crown. Alver will be recognized as the crown prince in less than a year, just as Cale predicted.

"Butlers and servants are not permitted, Cale," Deruth inquired one morning.

"Yes," he says. He's used to living alone, so acting like a well-versed young master is beneficial to him.

"Lord, the Young Master is as good as a servant in everything... even my son is tempted to have the Young Master help the kitchen if it weren't for the arson incident," Ron replied on his behalf.

Aha. Right. The arson incident. Back in the capital, Alver, who was staying at the Henituse Villa, noticed him going to the kitchen to prepare some food to eat. They were fortunate that the kitchen guardian was not present. Cale expertly prepared Korean-style beef stew, but the prince slipped and broke the bottle of alcohol directly above the fire. Yes, they broke a bottle of brandy and threw it into the fire. They intended to drink over a meal because Ron was elsewhere. They were supposed to stir fry the beef, but the clumsy good prince accidentally set fire to the brandy for the third time. Cale was terrified as he remembered the horrifying sight of fire spreading like wildfire in the kitchen.

Cale's face paled while watching the prince hopelessly try to stop the fire while panicking for the love of shit!

They could hear the dreadful creaking sound of the door opening. And a stern-faced, almost devilish-looking chef entered, holding knives in both hands.

Damn... he didn't want to remember that nightmare, especially the flying knives chasing them without regard for nobility.

Cale and Alver were also thrown out of the kitchen, earning an earful from Violan and a burst of mocking laughter from Deruth.