XVII

Cale did not return to their dorm room that night.

Taylor was very concerned. Antonio had gone silent. Alver was still irritated by Antonio's previous behavior.

"Will he be okay?" Taylor asks.

"He won't," Alver says. "He's the type of person who prioritizes 'us' over everyone."."

Antonio was paying attention to Alver. Alver intends to rope the young master to his side.

"Cale will still be angry," Alver continued, "because he's the type of person who doesn't give a damn about people who insulted his family."

***

Unbeknownst to them...

"Did we do the right thing, Young Master?" Ron asks.

"Of course," Cale says, "but he's annoying."

"But I can give you poison whenever I want," Ron says.

Cale hums as he watches the people move north. According to Ron's report, an assassination attempt will take place at the gorge of death. The target was the first prince.

Vicross took the Black Egg from his spatial bag. Cale settled the egg on his lap and sat leisurely. He had no intention of returning to the dorms. He will be trying to keep Antonio close but at bay.

"Be at the Gorge of Death then..."

"Yes, My Lord," Ron said as he and Vicross vanished into the darkness.

Cale returned early in the morning. Vicross was gracious enough to drop him off before the patrol arrived. When he returned to his room, he noticed three figures awkwardly looking at each other.

How depressing. After seeing Antonio's concerned expression, he reflected. He didn't expect him to be watching his every move. Cale simply shrugged and walked away. He walked past them before changing his clothes. He expected Alver to approach him, but it was Taylor who first inquired, "Where were you?"

"At Ron's," Cale replied, looking at Taylor.

He noticed Antonio flinch when he heard the name, Ron. He expected him to feel guilty because Alver had planned to say something that would lower his ideals. He could tell by looking at him that he had been thinking deeply.

Cale says, "Let's go," and pushes Taylor's wheelchair. He ignored Antonio and smiled at Alver, "Big Bro... let's go?"

He noticed Alver's stunned expression as he looked at Antonio. They knew Antonio realized Cale was treating him like any other nobleman.

Cale despised the selfish, stuck-up, and snobbish young nobles the most.

**

Antonio had not expected Cale to completely disregard him. The young noble, who had always smiled, greeted them and made small affectionate gestures, ignored him. He was shocked. As the boy who would pat his shoulder and offer him candy walked past him, he couldn't think of anything. He was feeling shaky.

He was ready to ask Cale's forgiveness after pondering Alver's words. It was initially because it was his duty as a young master not to offend other nobles, particularly the Henituses, as his grandmother had ordered.

However, seeing as Cale had no intention of speaking to him and treated him as if he were another noble, he couldn't shake bitter feelings in his chest. He was perplexed by his emotions. He didn't like it. He never likes it. This treatment, the cold stare. He did not expect Cale to treat him like everyone else.

Family. What exactly is family? His grandmother was his only family. He didn't have anyone in his life who he could call family.

He was deep in thought all day. He had tried to find some alone time to apologize, but Cale was able to avoid him whenever he was alone. He hadn't expected Cale to put up a barrier between them with 'Mr.''.