XIII

"Baby Cale, why is there a marriage proposal for you?" Alver asks. With a stupefied expression, the young master morphed into an owlish idiotic one. Cale groans in frustration as he considers a hundred different ways to reject this messed-up proposal.

"That's what I'm curious about, Big Brother Prince," Cale said, rubbing his head until he wanted to take his head off his shoulder. He can't do it. Knowing Ron, he'll find a way to connect it. Even if he flees, Vicross will be able to track him down. Even if he flees to the east, this cretinous first prince will be able to track him down.

"Baby Cale."

"Can you please stop with the baby?"

"No, why? It's adorable."

Adorable my ass. Cale curses and just plans to leave the prince.

"But, Baby Cale... be wary of the Orsena duchy," Alver cautioned. Cale had seen the lady, and he knew that even when the nobles were under pressure, two families remained unaffected. Henituse, Crossman, and Orsena.

The Duchy of Orsena.

The Northeast region, Northwest region, Southeast region, and Southwest region are the four regions. The Roan Kingdom had five noble factions in addition to those four, with the Central being the fifth. As they dealt with various problems, the distribution of power in the various regions had become hazy, but each region was represented by a grand noble.

The central region was represented by the Orsena Duchy.

Karin Orsena was the duchy's successor.

A minor character who only appeared at royal family banquets.

"also... Baby Cale... there's a piece of information that the Orsena Duchy was affiliated with an organization... I'm trying to find some clues, but it appears that the Duchy is keeping this secret tightly guarded."

Being from a wealthy family does not help him. Cale's best bet is to keep the engagement until he can unravel the Duchy's curtains. However, it will be very difficult.

The Henituse Household had always stayed within its boundaries. Although its history and wealth can be compared to that of Rowoon's creators, the Crossman and Orsena, the span of centuries that they hid would be incomparable if power was involved. To stand up to the Orsenas, they had to be from a Marquis or Duke household.

He can't simply decline the engagement. A lower-ranking house cannot refuse a marriage proposal from a higher-ranking house unless there is a valid reason for doing so. Otherwise, they may be held in contempt.

"Baby Cale... I know you're making thousands of plans, but wouldn't it be easier if you were Henituse's successor?"

Cale's ears perked up and his eyes twinkled.

"Successor? Me?"

"Oh good idiotic Baby bastard! If two people engaged are both heirs to the household, it's a valid reason to decline a marriage proposal unless your heirship is revoked by the county itself," Alver sobbed. What the hell is this moron thinking? This is the simplest explanation he can provide!

"If I am the heir... I cannot be forced to marry?"

"Of course, if you are declared the heir at this age, you will not be forced to continue the bloodline... remember, Duke Orsena's only successor is the Lady."

This bastard of a prince can suggest anything.

"or..."

"Or?"