XXXVI

"So... you are upset with the prince?" Deruth frowns at his son..

Cale is certain that he was not merciful. "He should fall in a ditch and hit his head to wake up!" He watched his son curse at the prince while packing things in search of the prince.

"What were you teaching him?" says Violan, who arrived early with Basen and Lily.

"I am not teaching him anything," Deruth says. "Ask Ron."

"I am innocent, Lord," Ron objected calmly.

Cale was muttering under his breath about how to screw the bastard prince while calling him names.

"He is just angry that his cuteness did not work with the prince," says Deruth."

"I am not! Who said that?" frowns Cale, his left eye twitching.

Three older people asked him a question.

"Are we going to agree on the marriage letter with the crown then?" asks Violan.

"Hm... I am not quite satisfied yet... Cale should be the one being chased, not the other way around," Deruth says.

"In any case, my young lord is still young," Ron snarled.

Cale rolled his eyes at them and said, "I am not marrying anyone... not even the prince! I am going to marry slacker life after I get that blasted Prince and my golden plaques back!"

**

Alver Crossman, the crown prince, walked around aimlessly. The game between the nobles was still going on in the Rowoon Kingdom. He looked around him at the scenery. The scenery was gentle, but the atmosphere was solemn, with merry laughter and joyful smiles.

He messed it up. Cale will hate him and hunt him down now.

He knew that even if they felt the same way, nothing is permanent. Wounds from losing loved ones. Wounds are created by vengeance and hatred.

He recalls staring at those depressing reddish-brown orbs. His palm cupped the cheek of the younger child.

He was well aware that he would not be easily forgiven.

He was well aware that he would not be absolved of the crime of his birth..

He is a Dark Elf, born of crime.

It had been a brief encounter.

A bittersweet encounter that meant his entire life to him.

Cale's responses continue to ring in his ears. His heart was pounding in his chest. Pain putting a tool against his body. He slammed his eyes shut. He desperately wanted to shout, but he couldn't. He remembered those acceptance and apology words.

To muster the courage to tell him the truth, knowing he would react in this manner.

Cale did not flee when he first revealed his dark side. He stood there, pressing his brow against his. Making a casual nose-to-nose gesture, as any brother would for their older siblings.

He wanted to believe... he really wanted to believe. But, in comparison to one child, the world denies his existence. He is terrified. Fearful of a never-ending cycle of failure. He is concerned that his downfall will have an impact on those around him.

He can not have it. He cannot put these people in danger while putting himself in danger.

It would be better if he could just leave and give up everything, but... he wanted to be by their side..

Then... Why are you so unhappy right now?

He did not mean to act that way, but...

A faintly discernible flame appeared in front of him. He was confronted by five armed men. The ashen grey shade had fallen to the ground. He just stared at the pale flame, which was shrinking and turning into a black plume of fire. The flames were not burning in the air, but they were flickering.