LXI

Two years later

Of course, only one person refers to him as "Cale-nim." Only Choi Han would do that..

"What?" He asked.

"The Crown Prince said you needed to do fan service."

Cale's brow twitched. Even three years later, the bastard Crown Prince is still requesting the fan service hug that is due three years after their graduation. Cale said that as fan service, but he had no intention of doing so. That cretinous crown prince can hug himself and then freeze.

Nonetheless, Choi Han had just returned from training Alver. Having the young swordsman on his side helped the crown prince gain stability in his position. Everyone looks up to him, and the majority of civilians trust the Crown Prince more than the Crown itself. It is been two years, yes... two years... two years since Alver overpowered his father and took control of the kingdom. They were able to implement elections for leaders to represent them at the semi-annual national conference in small villages. Naturally, some sectors elect their representatives, and Cale, the mastermind, finally defined democracy. They were able to provide an equal voting system within the conference thanks to Deruth, who was elected as the Kingdom's permanent Prime Minister.

His poor father, he lamented, is too busy to cuddle with his pumpkin, munchkin, and baby pie. If you asked him, he would give you cringe nicknames. Cale began to wonder where he had come across those cheesy endearments.

"Anyway... good work," he says, noticing the black-haired knight's two puppy ears and tail wagging once more. Since Choi Han was knighted in Henituse County, the knights' strength has grown as he began teaching newcomers and even the knights themselves. Despite the fact that Choi Han became his knight, developing the county is his top priority.

In three years, war will devastate the kingdom.

"Cale-nim." Cale returned his gaze to Choi Han, who was giving him puppy eyes. He let out a sigh. "Good work," he said, reaching out his hand and patting Choi Han's brow.

"Yes!" exclaimed the puppy, "Thank you, Cale-nim!"

Choi Han finally left, a bright smile on his face and his tail almost visibly wagging in delight. Cale chose to ignore him and sat. He needed to write down the events that were about to occur in the kingdom.

He will soon turn eighteen. The age at which the canon of the Birth of a Hero will begin.

He wrote everything in Korean. If someone sees this, they will simply dismiss it as scribbles. He was able to conceal this information from his father.

First, Harris Village will burn. Now that Choi Han has arrived, the attack could be aimed at the county. Cale did everything he could to keep Choi Han travelling so that he could avoid the attack and deaths of countless innocent people.

(Note: in the original boat, the attack occurred while Choi Han was still living there; Cale, who read the novel, assumed that the village was attacked because of CH's presence; it was only later that Cale learned that it was because of the annual rings' ancient power; do not be confused; this is his conjecture.)

He did not need to be beaten up because Choi Han was already his knight. So he is safe for the time being. He just needed to receive whatever attack might happen if there is.

"Can you tell me what you are writing?"

Cale immediately looked up and saw his father staring at his doodles.

"Is that some kind of code?"

"Ah... yes?" he responded. Choi Han is following his father. Choi Han simply stared at the paper, then at him, remaining silent even after Cale responded.