XXXIV

Zed Crossman's first words to Alver were, "you should stop."

Alver remained silent. He looked at his father but received no response..

"First Prince, do not meddle in these matters right now.""

However, Alver will not be stopped now..

**

"Aunt," Alver said to Tasha as she entered the Palace of Joy. The dark elf in disguise smiled at him. She was dressed in a maid's uniform. She dashes over to Alver and hugs him tightly. He was ecstatic, happy that a blood relative came to visit him.

"I will be your attendant now, Alver..."

The dark elf was his mother's sister. His mother was a half-human and half-elf, making him a quarter dark elf. He was made to wear the special bracelet while his mother kept telling him to keep his dark elf side. His mother was stunning, especially in her dark elf form. It is no surprise that the King was taken with his mother, but a commoner will remain a commoner. He was even fortunate that his father recognized him as a prince despite his lineage.

Even though the king preferred his other two sons, he had plenty of financial and luxurious support.

Alver accepted that his father was attempting to confine him in the palace. He doubts he knows his race, and he has never bothered to find out.

"Were you alone while I was away?" Tasha inquired of her nephew..

"No... there is Baby Cale, so I am not alone," Alver smiled warmly.

Tasha pats Cale's back and asks, "Baby Cale? Ah... the firstborn Henituse?" Cale enjoys being patted on the back, which is understandable. It is both soothing and satisfying.

"Yes, he is like a baby brother."

"That is good to know... The young master was quite odd, if you ask me."

Cale was certainly an oddball, and he can already picture him frowning and cutely pouting if he hears her. He smiled at the thought, not noticing his aunt's soft gaze on him.

"You are still a child, and I would like to meet this Baby Cale then."

Alver smiled even wider and welcomed Tasha into his office. His aunt turned to face him after looking down at the paper on the table. Administration, finance, and even political documents are under consideration.

"I never imagined I would be able to hold onto this."

Tasha gave him a friendly smile. He was a dedicated worker. Except for Cale, he did not believe in geniuses and always believed in hard work.

"Everything you worked for paid off."

"Not yet... aunt," he murmured, "not yet," because he is nowhere near being recognized by Cale Henituse. He did not want to let anyone down, and he never did. That incident moved him deeply. That moment when everything was in disarray inspired him to rebuild what the nobles had destroyed. "I am not yet worthy of your compliments."

Tasha sighed and smiled at him. "I will be rooting for you, dear nephew."

"Many thanks, aunt."

Tasha piled stacks of paper containing Mogoru Empire trade information on Alver's seat. "There is also a dirty transaction; only the Henituse Territory was able to stop opium and drug imports, and there is also a similar drug that the Stan's used during the kidnapping."

"not only by ships and barter, but also by carriages; they even guided it as salt or sugar."

"not only that... poppies are also distributed and famous in most noble houses as teas," Tasha says, holding another piece of paper with Marchioness Stan on it. "apparently, not only the previous Marques was involved in the dealing... it also includes a powerhouse which I was unable to uncover," she says.