LIV

"What did you say?" Deruth drops all the papers he was holding the moment he learns of Cale's disappearance. He grabbed the knight's collar once more and asked, "What did you say?!?"

"He will be fine. He will be fine. Calm down," Violan stood up, attempting to calm Deruth."

Deruth did not waste any time, dispatching more than half of his knights to form a search party. When he thought about his son's disappearance, he became depressed. He marched to Mt. Yelia in search of his son.

[*****]

"I have never seen such an obedient little human before," Eruhaben says, standing behind him like an adorable little duckling.

Of course, I'd be obedient. I'm the only one here.

He did not have any sidekicks who could fight this dragon, but looking at him, he was delighted to have a little visitor in his lair.

They walked into the lair. He is nervous, but the Golden Dragon went so far as to walk beside him with his hand over his shoulder. There were cool, bright golden lights around them.

He looked up. This dragon is really handsome.

"What?" The dragon asked.

"You're handsome."

The golden dragon's expression became even weirder after hearing his response.

"... Thank you very much," the dragon replied cheerfully.

Cale considered Dragons to be arrogant and egoistical jerks who would never look at someone on their level. The old dragon may find this situation very comfortable because he is still a child. It'll be a bit different if he was an adult.

Cale thought Eruhaben was quite warm in his treatment of him. Cale was taken aback by the warmth, prompting him to quietly observe the Gold Dragon.

Eruhaben's gaze was drawn to him at that precise moment.

When they arrived at the lair, Cale was seated around a large oval table, with the Gold Dragon directly in front of him.

Cale looked down at the table and the chair that he was sitting on. Except for the cushion, the chair was entirely made of gold, and the table appeared to be made of gold and gleaming jewels.

There was even a fancy chandelier hanging from the ceiling. He had expected only a cave because the lair was inside a cave, but he was mistaken.

'This Dragon must be wealthy.''

Cale's expression became strange. At that moment, Eruhaben's voice reached Cale's ear.

"Are you fond of them?"

He looked at the dragon and nodded shyly.

If I am going to die here, at least let me die surrounded by gold!

Eruhaben casually added on with a puzzled expression.

"How interesting."

Cale happened to make eye contact with Eruhaben at that precise moment.

'Why is he saying how interesting he finds me while staring at me? '

In most novels, dragons force humans who find their lair to do their bidding, saying things like, 'go find out their identity.''

Cale wished he could laugh.

"What an odd human, no, should I say amazing?"

'I'm odd? No, amazing?'

Cale looked at Eruhaben, puzzled. The Gold Dragon continued to speak.

"How do you stay alive after acquiring so many ancient powers?"