XXXVIII

"Your Highness."

Alver's lips trembled. This is the first time he despises hearing his royal title..

"Come on, Hyung-nim, let us go home."

For the first time in his life, he shed tears. A warm palm patted him gently on the back of his head.

"My Crown Prince Hyung-nim."

He burst into tears as a result of it.

"I am so tired," he grumbles..

While Alver was crying his heart out, the boy stood there and patted his head without saying anything.

"I... can't do this anymore."

He thought he could do it... he thought he dared to stay, but every time those words came to mind, he just wanted to give up and leave.

"Even if I force myself in here..." he cried, curling helplessly under the heat that is now comforting him, "I have no place I can call home."

He is allowed to give up, right? He is permitted to pause and simply live happily for himself.

That was the first time Alver was ever held in the arms of another person. Cale drew him in and hugged him tight. The cold rain and wind made the boy tremble, but he refused to let go.

He was taken aback and shaken. His heart lurched with excruciating pain and relief.

"It is okay... Hyung-nim..." Cale murmured in his ear, "if we can not become a part of this world... let us make one where we can live."

It is okay if no one accepts them.

They would create a space where no one would be judged.

"Hyung-nim... this is not like you at all," Cale said quietly, making his heart beat again. "You are not abandoning me now? Not like I will let you... I am still waiting for my golden plaques."

The warm sensation is gradually filling his empty heart. "As I have always told you... you are fated to be here. You are destined to be here... your existence is natural... that is why... you will become the brightest Sun in the Rowoon skies. The brightest and most brilliant sun, just like my golden plaques," Cale said quietly.

Alver's face contorted in disbelief. "Hah... just what is it that you love? Golden plaque or me?" he snorted, lightly laughing.

"both," Cale replied, laughing, "but my golden plaque is my priority, so you should be fine."

"Thank you," Alver said as he parted ways with Cale. "Thank you, Baby Cale," he said as he removed his overcoat and draped it over the child's head.

He will not waver any longer.

**

The trial was about to conclude, and all evidence pointed to Deruth. It appears that these thugs did their best to frame him by linking him to the black market. Drugs and narcotics are illegal and punishable by death. And even the prince's assassination attempts.

Deruth clenched his fist tightly. The noblemen's evidence contradicted the evidence that he and Cale had. The Henituse were regarded as thorns in their attempts to seize power. So they are doing everything they can to get rid of them from the noble's rooster..

Zed Crossman gave him a look. However, he ignored it while attempting to find reasons to buy at times.

The large ornate door, on the other hand, swung open loudly. A young man with golden hair and a child with red hair walked in.