III

"Ah! Why is a nine-year-old working so hard?!?" He slumps on his office table, forgoing any dignity of a young master. For the past year, now he's nine, he had been working his ass off because he was the young master of Henituse County. He laments the thought, even cursing the nobles who imposed these ridiculous rules on tea parties and other nonsense. Cale wanted to just roll around in his bed, eat, sleep, and mess around like the slacker he wanted. He even liked his previous life because he had that sacred-holy day off. He could slack off for two days! He even has to take care of the internal matters of the county! He shouldn't have stood out throughout his lessons and suffered like this!

As expected, I need Bassen to achieve my slacker life.

The benign old man who's serving him tea snickered while watching him mess around like a puppy on the table.

"I can hear you, Ron."

He can hear a small "hm" from the old man. He raised his head when he heard the sound of a teacup being put down on the table. He frowned at the offending teacup, but he couldn't turn it down. Well, Ron is his most trusted person right now. Although the old man was portrayed as a sly and vicious man, his loyalty is one to vouch for. There were times when the old man could snap his neck, but during those days, Ron was really careful with him. The sly old man's view of him as his puppy master didn't change. It was like an old grandpa taking care of his grandson. Cringe thoughts.

"You have to attend these parties, young master." He scoffs at the old man who smiled at him slyly, "Here, young master, your tea."

He sat straight and frowned at the lemon tea without a speck of sugar in it. This vicious old man is punishing me.

Nevertheless, he still drank the contents. It's good, though. Ron changed his taste for the child, but what about when he grows up? Ugh. He didn't want to think about it.

Also, Young Master, Lord Deruth wants you to take a look at these documents. "Ron hands him a couple of papers." While Deruth is handling all matters in the county, Cale, no Rok Soo, who displayed an overwhelming knowledge during his lessons, was assigned to minor internal work. Not that he hated it, but helping Deruth was a good thing. There was still a long way before the war, so he needed to learn about all the negotiations in the county and later the Roan Kingdom.

He intended to meet with the Crown Prince, but meeting his soon-to-be brother came first. He can't have his slacker life wave goodbye to him this early.

He browses through the documents. It seems some merchants are taking chances to make contact with the Henituse artisans. There are at least seven merchant guilds that want to sign a contract with them. He read the documents and found two things he needed to do. He doubts that these merchants were clean. By "clean," he means it's a merchant guild with no ties to the underworld. Henituse County was the only territory in the novel that the underworld was not able to touch.

"Young Master?" Ron, who was watching him, had a surprised but still stoic expression. "That is not the smile of a child, young master."

He can't deny that. After all, it's the smile of someone who's about to scam someone.

"Tell Father, I want to go out of the castle."

Ron raised a brow and watched him change his clothes and take a robe. "I have something to check."

Ron, "This servant will accompany the young master."

In Rain City, he found the people he wanted to meet. Bilose Flynn is the illegitimate son of Flynn Merchant Guild leader Flynn and Violan, his soon-to-be mother-in-law. If he is correct, Bilose will be fourteen this year. At the same time, he put up a small shop in the alley. Small shop my ass. He snorted. Bilose put up that ridiculous store, but in truth, it was a disguise. That bastard has been selling information and magic tools since he was twelve, but because his father did not acknowledge him nor allow him to use the family name, he had to struggle for a bit until he set up his shop when he was fourteen.