XI

Cale was dead wrong. He expected the damn prince to be irritated with him for acting as a lost cause with a useless tongue. The wonderful light! The damn lightbulb - which shines brighter than the sun - is having tea casually, sitting prettily as if he owns the damn place.

"ugh. Why am I stuck with you?" he snorts, stunned.

"I can hear you, little Cale," Alver replied smugly, looking at him and the egg he was caring for.

"What exactly is that?"

"an egg."

"Yes... I know, that's an egg, but what kind of egg?"

"a dragon egg."

*splurt! Cough! Cough!* "A WHAT?!"

Cale continued to pat the egg on his lap while ignoring the prince. "What? You want it?"

"No, why would I? It's yours," Alver says, coughing. He had no idea why, but it appears that he can easily swallow any bomb dropped by this little punk. He was expecting something strange from this boy, and he spoke for himself.

"Well, with a dragon, you can conquer the kingdom without doing anything."

"Are you seriously talking about rebellion or treason?" Alver challenged, but Cale smiled slyly.

"Then what are you trying to do? Nobles and mostly Royals would want power more than anything in this world, and everyone would kneel on their knees before a superpower," Cale said casually, dismissing Alver as if he were any other person.

Cale, on the other hand, was putting Alver to the test. hah! "Why would I want a superpower if I already have the entire kingdom?" he replied.

Cale gives him a look. His solemn expression is gradually giving way to a bright smile. He lived up to his reputation in the novel. A royal who wants the power of his people and seeks it.

"What I want to acquire is the power of men. Why would I want one superpower if I can build a kingdom created by the hands of man?" Alver says. "I am not like that. I want power, but not absolute power. I want strength, but that strength will not be mine alone. Isn't a peaceful and equal kingdom beautiful?"

Cale, who had read the novel, gave the prince a friendly smile. As expected, this prince did not disappoint him.

"If I become the monarch, I want to be one that no one will question my right to be there. The people will determine that I deserve that place. They will be the ones to judge who to lead them. Not the puny nobles. Not the factions. The people, with the power and strength, who by their hands created a free kingdom, will choose their leader."

"Of course, your highness, the people will be the most profitable investment," Cale had previously stated.

Alver exhaled a sigh of relief. Cale, he thought, was no ordinary punk. He was right.

"Well..." Alver takes a seat. "I intended to establish the hierarchy in the palace first, as the empress and the third prince gain power over the factions."

Cale was well aware that Alver lacked the kind of faction, relation, or connections that would allow him to maintain and grow his power.

"So, Big Brother Prince, what's your first move?"

"Seducing the people."

That is not what a young adolescent would say. Cale snorted and threw the black egg at the prince. He can have relations with the prince while also preventing something from happening. There will be a war, but Cale Henituse's forte is creating something worthwhile. There are no such things as useless items.