XXI

Cale was so devastated that his slacker life was waving goodbye to him. He sighed, too troubled by the course of events that Ton-Ton should have handled. He wanted to scream and throw a tantrum because his slacker-life was slipping away at the tips of his fingers. Why is it that the thing you want the most is the most difficult to obtain? Kim Rok Soo has always loved the slacker lifestyle, but why are all these things happening to him? He only wanted to court slacker, but it turned out to be a losing battle in the first place?

"sigh," he exhales deeply, staring at the list Taylor compiled using the lady's self-ranking system. He recently discovered that he is among the most eligible young men to marry. The most handsome young master was even dubbed the Crimson Prince of Winter. Damn it. "I should've become trash on the very first day."

He cursed and looked down at the paper. He wanted to crumple and tear it to shreds if it weren't for the three little shits laughing gallantly right in front of his face.

"I told you... he'll be ecstatic to the point of speechlessness," Alver laughed, his stomach clenching.

"My crimson prince of Winter, your beauty is as cold and deadly as winter," Antonio says.

"To the point where princesses and noble ladies are worshiping your footsteps, haha," Taylor says.

Cale frowned and looked them in the eyes. "One more word, and I'll throw you three out."

"My dear crimson prince baby, you are Rowoon's star and hope, your deadly thorns shot through every noble lady's heart. Haha," Alver teases further, earning a smack on the back of his head..

Cale stood up when he noticed the light on his communication device.

"All right, shut up," he said. His father is the only person who calls him at this time.

When he pressed the items imbued with magic stone, his father's solemn face appeared..

"Father," he said, greeting. Deruth remained silent for a moment before sighing deeply and burying his face in his fists. "father?"

He repeated, earning another sigh from the Count. Okay. What the hell is going on?

"Cale Henituse," ugh! He is fully aware of what is to come. His father only addresses him in this manner when he is angry, ecstatic, worried, or in a critical situation. He could tell it was a bad situation. "Cale Henituse," his father stated again. When Ron appeared with a vicious expression, he felt chills run down his spine.

"Young master," Ron says, "who should I kill?"

What the hell is this vicious old man saying?! Cale turned to face the servant who stood behind his father. He was holding a basket full of red envelopes. You don't mean –

"Ron... what do you have in your hands?" he inquired. As a dense bastard, he is quite incapable and figuring out what those letters mean.

"That is why, young master," Ron says, "I am asking you... this servant will commit murder."

Cale flinched. He could hear the irritating laughter coming from behind him. He glared at them to get them to stop, but it appears Deruth had had enough.

"Why are you so handsome, son?"

Ron chastised, "That is not the issue, count."

Deruth reached into the basket and took three letters. Among those three, he notices Orsena's duchy letter. There is no need to bring it up again because he has already agreed to the engagement.

"The crown decided to give you the right to choose your partner," Deruth says, "and the crown dissolves your marriage with the Orsena Duchy."