XXXI

"The palace has sent an invitation for the Crown Prince's coming-of-age and Coronation ceremony," Ron explained as he placed the gold platter in front of Deruth. The latter nodded but did not extend his hand to pick up the letter. Instead, he moved slowly so as not to wake up the sleeping little pumpkin in his arms.

Cale always falls asleep after the ordeal. Deruth was unsure whether it was related to his trauma, but the healers assured him that he was fine. He may have been restless throughout the problem and is now exhausted.

Deruth was concerned that Cale would not be able to forget everything. He was afraid that those memories would haunt him until he died. He hoped this was not the case. Having a photographic memory is both a blessing and a curse. A person will never be able to completely forget a past event, good or bad. They had no idea Cale - Nah - Kim Rok Soo was in the process of erasing certain memories while attaching himself to a place where he knows he will be safe..

"mn," Cale groans in pain while stretching and purring like a cute cat. Deruth tucks him in close with a soft smile until he's at ease in his position. It's been a week since Cale fell asleep after attaching himself to him. "Send a letter to the County and summon Violan and the children," Deruth said, sighing.

This type of ceremony necessitates the attendance of the entire family. Deruth intends to stay on the neutral side after that. The Crown Prince has yet to meet his expectations. He can't follow someone who his son declared treasonous during the emergency. Alver didn't bother talking to him about the factions, and he knows the crown prince's eyes were filled with determination to be recognized. Not because of faction, but because the Crown Prince desired a position that no one could deny him.

This is why Deruth has taken a liking to the cunning prince. He'll continue to watch from the sidelines because he can't deny his existence because Cale is his friend.

The crown prince accepted responsibility for torturing the marquis couple. He was also in charge of leading the knights and eradicating the black den. The prince was also in charge of cleaning up after Henituse. That is why, he is certain, the prince cherished his son, seeing his son's rage almost to a lunatic expression..

He still doesn't trust him completely, but his curiosity has been piqued..

Ron nodded and began composing the letter that would be sent to the County.

Vicross later knocked on the door. His sleeve was still a bloody mess, but it was more forgiving than it had been the last time he was bathed in blood.

"I fed them potion exactly as the Count ordered," he said, placing the vials on the empty table and looking at Deruth, "Lord... are you going to bring him to trial?"

Deruth maintained his calm demeanor, but he recognized that Vicross still wanted to 'play' with them. "I will be... it's good that you haven't killed them in the last few days... are you still not satisfied?""

Vicross with a serious expression, "It's nowhere near satisfaction, Lord."

Vicious child. He just severed the heads of at least fifty people during the rescue, and he's still not satisfied. "Compared to the torture and everything they've done, it's not enough to keep them alive."

"Then forgive me, Vicross... I still don't have the authority to let you do whatever you want."

Vicross looked him in the eyes and nodded, "no lord... I understand."

But, before Deruth could change the subject, Ron had already done so. "From the palace, Lord, a title and a deed were also sent."

Deruth had completely forgotten about the damn thing. "Cale would be ecstatic if he finds out that he has become a Lord," he sighs troubledly as he looks at his peacefully sleeping son.