V

Wow. How the hell did Kim Rok Soo forget something important for the past three years? That woman couldn't lay a hand on him if only he had an ancient power. He couldn't help it since he had a different priority than anything else.

It's been a year since his father remarried. He is now ten years old. The seven-year-old Bassen formally took lessons from the county. Yes, that's right, little Bassen. I need you to save me from the Count's position. You will grow well and be benevolent like your father. Violan gave birth to his one-month-old baby sister. He didn't think his father would be able to sire a daughter on the first try.

Going back to his first thought, he forgot about the ancient powers that could protect him from being beaten by the main character.

I guess finding Bassen became my priority and I forgot about these powers.

"Can't be helped then," he murmured and glanced at the old servant concocting lemon tea for him. Ron has gradually added the taste over the past months. The tea only gets sour as time goes by.

A month ago, Ron revealed his family's circumstances to him. He wasn't shocked by the old man's recollections. He clearly remembered that Ron and his son desperately fled from the east and eventually settled in Henituse County, where the underworld couldn't touch them. The viscount and his wife, who offended him, tried to plant the seeds for the underworld. He couldn't help but feel proud of Deruth, who had long known and stopped the viscount once and for all.

He plans to intercept the black egg sale in four years. It's his only chance to avoid a greater catastrophe that could also fall on the county. For that, he plans on meeting Taylor Stan at the great imperial ball in three months.

Ron and Bilose's information coincides. The secret organization is currently dealing with Roan's Imperial Family. Cale suspected that the soon-to-be Crown Prince's mother would fall into the hands of the organization mobilized by the Empress, the third prince's mother.

He was considerably prepared to enter the palace to meet these two people.

Cale stood up from his seat. It was lunchtime, and he had promised to eat it with his family. It's not that there's a specific time for them to meet rather than eat in their rooms, but Deruth preferred that they all sit at a table and eat together. For the past year, Cale liked this kind of setup. Count Deruth had responsibilities as the lord of the region, making it difficult to share other meals. However, his simp of a father was able to toss words for meals and time their meals together. Violan was also busy interacting with wives of influential households and assigning other tasks to her since she is now the matron of the house. Now that I think about it, Deruth and Violan are abnormally normal at juggling their work and family time.

"Young Master."

"Yes?"

Ron smiled at him and smoothed the creases on his sleeve. "Oh.." he nodded and replied, "Thanks."

He arrived at the dining hall. Bassen and Deruth are already sitting in their seats. Violan was just about to sit down when she looked at him. His baby sister, Lilly, is placed in the crib beside Violan.

"I am not late."

Violan, "Just in time... Sit now..."

Cale smiles at Violan and pats Bassen's shoulder before he takes the seat beside the latter.

Deruth let out a satisfied "mn" before putting on a smile.

The servants began moving around, placing plates and food before them. The scent of meat permeated the dining hall more than it used to. It's making him drool. The food before did not have the right aroma. The spices lingered and the plating seemed like food from a high-class restaurant. Cale wondered who the cook was. He knew that the old chef would be retiring soon, and a few apprentices entered to choose from.