XXXVII

Previously...

"Do you think I am afraid? If you die, the Stan Family will return, and your beloved Henituse child will be labeled a traitor for murdering you!"

Hearing the word henituse child. Alver moved quickly, seizing the Marchioness and growling, "Don't. Touch. My. People." Dark mana stained the noblewoman's skin. "Don't... touch... that... child..."

Death cries erupted in response to the noblewoman's gaze.

The dark mana fluctuating right now is completely out of control.

___

Cale rode the horse to the Stan Marquisate's mansion. When Alver's disappearance was announced, Taylor previously sent a missive stating that the remnants of the previous administration are moving. He had a visible frown on his face. He had not seen the prince since that night, and no trace of him could be found. Deruth warned him to be careful as he left the Villa and sent Vicross with him. When the signal was raised, Ron was left with only the count to move.

He did not, however, anticipate being denied entry to the Stan Territory. Of course, he will not be deterred. At times like these, Vicross is a force to be reckoned with. They broke through the defenses and rode as fast as they could to the Palace. He had no idea the Stan castle would be on fire the moment he arrived.

"Rox. Taylor is our priority."

Taylor returned to this location after noticing the movement. If he is here, they have moved to contain him and kill him with this fire. They plunge forward into the fire, wearing a fireproof robe, in search of Taylor. The raging flames were scorching and ferocious. Cale could not think straight, but he followed Vicross, who was threading a path through the flames.

When they arrived at the Marques office, Taylor was chained to a fixed table with Cage.

"Are you okay?" he asked, attempting to free himself from the chains.

"Cale! First, find the prince! Also, take the documents from Cage... they planned an assassination before the prince takes the throne on his coming-of-age."

Vicross moved and broke the chains slowly so as not to hurt the two. The other Stan heirs were there, watching the scene.

Cale said, "They are trying to clear the Stan from Venion's and the former Marques crimes..."

Cale signaled for Vicross to unchain the other Stan heirs. Taylor's younger siblings all looked at him. They are confused as to why they were working together but Taylor was the one who said something, "the Stan will be different now." He had a small smile and confidently nudge Cale to leave to find Alver, "leave things to me, Cale... the prince needs you right now."

Taylor Stan, the person he and Alver told not to stand out, is attempting to make things right on his own.

"Take the documents as well.... You will need them."

"If this gets out... you might lose nobility," Cale speculated.

"I can rebuild it again... but I can not take back lives. The living takes precedence over honor," the other said calmly, looking at his siblings, "I will do everything in my power from here on. Thank you for coming."

Cale nodded and accepted the document as well as the assassination plans. Taylor stated that he would take care of everything, and Cale knew that he would. He felt sorry for Young Stan. It is not his fault that he was born into such a family. He is admirable for attempting to improve things. And he will be successful. Cale is aware of it..

He and Vicross exited through the window and rode their horses right away. The detained Stan knights are now moving in groups while covering for them.

"Young Master... The Count!"