1

Y/n's POV

I walk through the corridors wearing polished shoes, a pink backpack, having a jingling keychain of Barbie attached to it. As I walk behind the teacher who guides me to the class I feel anxious about this but then one part of me says that it'll be okay. 

I turn my head to the side to see a boy of my age, big doe wavering eyes, biting his lower lips with his iron man backpack walking alongside me. My eyes move down to his fingers which were fiddling with nervousness. 

He looks seventeen. The same age as me. And I make a mental note that how he looks so adorable with his button nose and fiddling fingers. The teacher halts and turns around. She eyes both of us.

"Stand here. And enter when I ask you two," she was soft yet stern. I nod and she gives me a small smile before entering the class. I could hear the boy beside me taking deep breaths so I whip around to face him.

He looks at me, an awkward smile, playing on his lips. I grin at him. "New transfer student too?" I ask and he acquiesces politely. "I am Park Y/n," I introduce. His brows quirk up before he blinks rapidly.

"Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you, Y/n," he was soft in his tone but his nervousness could be easily figured out. "You got this Jungkook. You're not alone. We can enter together. Don't be nervous," I say, pulling his hand away, separating his fingers.

He looks at you in pure confusion which slowly turns into a warm smile. He nods aggressively. "We should be friends," he says and I could never reject that bunny smile. "We already are."

"Y/n and Jungkook?" Both of us turn back to the class and see the teacher smiling at me slightly. "Should we enter?" He asks and I hum. Both os exchange quick nod before entering together.

And my confidence drops as soon as so many pairs of curious eyes peer at me. Literally. Unlike me, Jungkook waves his hand confidently. His nervousness seems to be lost somewhere, replaced by a huge amount of confidence. 

I think we just reversed roles here. Did something happen when I held his hand? Did my energy exchange with his?

"Hello, guys. This is Jeon Jungkook. I am new here. Nice to meet you," he says and turns to peek at me, raising his eyebrows, signaling me to say something. I chuckle nervously and look at the curious eyes back again.

Suddenly, I feel my wrist getting grabbed and I flinch, turning to the doe-eyed guy, waving my hand to the class. "This is Park Y/n. She is a good girl too. We became good friends just now. She is kind of shy. So am I. Hence, don't talk to us a lot. We are introverts," he says and I look at him in horror as he continues to wave my hand to the class.

The whole class erupts into laughter and I could feel the teacher giggling beside us. Jungkook is really annoying it seems. I chuckle nervously and the teacher points to the empty desks at the corner of the class.

"Since both of you are such good friends, I think you won't mind being deskmates," she says and Jungkook looks at me questioningly. I pass the teacher a nervous smile but then Jungkook pulls me at the back of the class.

He stands at the end and looks at me. "The one beside the window or the other one?" He asks and I glare at him before silently taking the seat beside the window. He takes the one next to me and scoots close to me.

"Hey, Y/n. Don't worry. I'm telling this to you in advance if you think I am a pervert or something." He whispers and I pass him an annoyed look but he grins. "Just because you are my first friend here. I want to make sure you know my biggest secret." He says and I sigh.

I take off my backpack and he realizes that he has to take it off too so he repeats my actions, taking his books out and placing them on the shared desk with mine. "You don't want to know my life's biggest secret?" He asks, slightly nudging my shoulder and I sigh.

He's in no way that cute and adorable shy guy from outside the room. He is a complete headache. 

"What is it, Jungkook?" I ask since he is pressing so much to tell me his secret. He leans closer to my ear and whispers, "I am gay. So you can be free with me. Don't back out thinking I am annoying who wants to be your boyfriend."

I look at him in pure irritation before turning back to the teacher. He pouts but then opens his notebook, slumping his shoulders down. He's sad. I sigh. "We can be friends." 

He looks at me with big eyes and then smiles. A big one. I smile and turn to him, nodding. He takes my hand in his and he stares at me expectantly before saying,

"Thank you, Y/n. I'll be the best friend you'll ever have! Let's make so many memories together."