2

Y/n's POV

"I still am wondering how did the shy guy turn into a complete asshole within minutes," I mumble while sitting at a table in the cafeteria with Jungkook.

"I was just scared that I could make friends with someone when they hear me that I'm gay. But when you spoke to me, I knew we were going to be best friends. So I just took the initiative." He says and eats the sandwich in his hand.

"The examination begins next month. Do you think we can make it to the next class?" I ask and he thinks for a while and shrugs. "I'll blame my dad. He transferred and so I had to transfer to his friend's school. I'm pretty sure that I'll manage somehow. What about you? What's your reason for a transfer right before the final exams?"

"My mom married. And I just to shift as quickly as possible. My stepdad is apparently a member of the trustee board here. So it wasn't a trouble." I explain and he nods. "I'm pretty sure we'll do well. My dad's friend holds an important position on the trustee board and will make sure that I move the next year. Your stepdad will make sure that happens too. So just chill, cutie."

I smile at him. He's right. These rich and classy schools are pretty much like this. We aren't taught to gain knowledge but hope to use the money to move forward.

"I will go to the library later. Wanna join, Kook?" I ask and he glances up, jerking his hands in denial. I sigh. I've been sighing a lot only after meeting him.

Looks like a study session for me alone.

Suddenly, I felt a hand slam on my table. Both of us flinch and I look up to see the top-class jerk, smirking down at me.

My stepbrother.

"Park Jimin," I whisper, sighing. "Park Y/n. My gorgeous and cute step-sis." He mumbles.

"What is it?" I ask, continuing on my salad. "Here, I bought you a burger. I always wanted a sister to take care of. Now that my father suddenly gave me one, I want to be the responsible brother and take care of his baby sister." He says, keeping the burger, wrapped in the paper on my tray.

"I don't want it. Thanks." I reply, coldly. He sighs. "Look Y/n. I know you haven't accepted the fact that Mom loves my dad—"

"My mom." I correct him, sternly and he gazes at me. A flash of sadness courses through his eyes and purses his lips. "Your mom. She loves my dad and got married. But they are happy together. We should be happy for them. Instead of fighting here, we can take care—"

"I don't need your care, Park Jimin. I was Song Y/n until last week and suddenly I'm in a new City in a new school with a new brother and a new father, a completely new lifestyle and I am not even given a chance to decide about all the new things happening in my life. Thanks." I say.

I feel Jungkook wrap his fingers around my wrist under the table. I look at him and he smiles. I turn back, holding my tears as this was too much for me to be here right now.

I could feel a small hand patting my head and I look at Jimin smiling at me warmly. "I am sorry. I don't take the same classes as yours but I'll meet you during music and sometimes during sports I guess? We interchange seniors and juniors here. It'll be fine, Y/n. You've just been a lot alone without friends for a long time it seems. That's why you've kept so much inside you. Just know that I'm here for you, alright?" Jimin says and I sniffle.

I don't answer him. But instead, I hear a girl's giggle, approaching us. I look up to see a boy and a girl standing beside Jimin's seat. He looks up at them and smiles.

"Just a minute. Hana, Tae. This is my sis. Y/n. Lil Y/n. Meet Choi Hana and Kim Taehyung. My friends." I look at the beautiful girl smiling at me but then at the boy looking at me blankly.

"Should we sit here, Chim?" Hana asks Jimin. I stand up quickly, holding my tray, and walk away.

I can hear Jungkook calling out my name but I couldn't care less. I am too drowned in my pent-up frustration about everything happening around me that I don't want to listen to anyone or anything right now.

I dump the tray in the pile of trays, not forgetting to take the burger that Jimin bought for me, and walk towards the exit of the campus building. 

Author's POV

Taehyung looks at the small frame of the girl who quickly takes the burger that Jimin paid for just now before she dumps the tray. He smirks to himself. Not all heartless it seems. She is a girl who is both ordinary and strange, she has friends but she looks like she is alone. She doesn't have much more than just beautiful shy eyes and naivety. 

Judging by the way, she looked at me, she wasn't really interested in me, probably aware of my reputation, and her mind was stuck elsewhere, on another guy. This bunny guy is in front of us. But I know "these kinds of girls". No one had ever resisted me and I especially hate this other guy who seemed to be luckier in capturing the girl's intention. He thinks to himself until his attention is brought back to the other when Jimin exhales heavily.

"I'm sorry about that. I am Jeon Jungkook. Y/n's friend. You know she's not all bad, she approached me first because today is my first day too in the same class as her. She really is kind," the said bunny boy says to Jimin with an awkward smile. Jimin smiles back at him. "Thank, Lord. She always looks like an extrovert but I don't she is one."

"Aww. . .you're such a sweet boy, Jungkook," Hana says from beside me and Taehyung looks at the boy who is flushing at her statement but keeps having eye contact with Jimin. "Hey, guys! Whatsup? Let's go over to our booth!" Freddy says with his other friends and Hana smiles at them, nodding.

Taehyung. He was the most handsome boy in the whole school, he had the face of an idol, the physique of a jock, and the smile of a fallen angel. With a confident look on his face, his chin up, one had never seen him without company. Boys and girls were constantly on his tail. His ex-girlfriends hated him, and boys were secretly jealous of him, but everyone, everyone knew him. Despite his impressive dating record, everyone thought he was unable to love. And despite his bad boy looks, it was impossible to hate him. 

But it seems like fate was out to get even.