42

Y/n's POV

I twist in the bed, turning around to move my face away from the sunlight that is disturbing my sleep. I feel uncomfortable in my socks so I try to pull them off.

I open my eyes, removing the hairs from my face and stretching my arms above my head. I turn around and pull the red duvet over me.

Wait!

Red duvet?

My eyes open wide and I look around the features of the similar bedroom. Fuck! Taehyung's bedroom.

What happened last night?

I move forth to place my hands all over my body to check if my clothes are still intact.

Thankfully, it's fine. I don't remember a single thing after I used the drugs and then drank alcohol after going to the club from the Michelin restaurant. Did I meet Taehyung? I press my temples, trying to remember but hearing soft breaths from beside the bed.

My brows crease in confusion but I slowly move my head towards the edge of the bed and stare down. I gasp, seeing Taehyung sleeping on the carpeted floor with a pillow and a thin cover. His face looks all bruised up.

Did he get into a bar fight last night? Fuck! These new drugs that I am having in Korea are so strong that I don't remember a thing from last night.

But why is this guy sleeping on the floor instead? Did he fall off the bed or suddenly turned a gentleman and not sleeping beside me?

I bend my upper body forward, moving my hand forward and caressing his cheek. Taehyung furrows his brows in his sleep and lets out small cute noises, scrunching his nose and I smile at his cute behavior. He opens his eyes slowly and purses his lips, tilting his head up to stare at me with squinted eyes, adjusting to the light.

"Good morning, kitten," he says in ten times deeper morning voice that strikes straight at my heart and I blink at the way I'm affected simply by his voice.

"Morning. Why are you down there? You have guest rooms!" I complain but he moves his legs up to get out of the thin cover and rubs his closed eyes like a small baby. "But those rooms don't have you." He says with a big yawn, rubbing the area under his nose.

My whole face flushes and I'm sure if he was awake completely he would've seen my flustered face that's probably red because of his words.

Why am I even blushing at my ex-boyfriend's cheesy comments?

This is ridiculous.

I get up and my feet land on the floor beside him. He sits up, ruffling his fluffy and messy hair, cracking his neck and arms as I stand up, walking up to his closet, further to his bathroom.

"I'll need to use your bathroom," I call him out while going there but hear him scream from his bedroom, "It's yours anyway. Don't take permission. Use your clothes in the closet if you want."

I halt in my steps with big eyes.

I turn back to the closet. Don't tell me he still has my clothes in the closet. I scoff, shaking my head. He's joking. Tricking me.

He doesn't even like me why would he have my clothes still in the closet? It's been 8 years! I blink several times and bite my lips but decide to turn back towards the closet.

I stand in front of the cupboard that was designed for me but frown looking at the initials now engraved on it.

KTH&SYN

Kim Taehyung & Song Y/n

I smile, unconsciously trailing my fingers on the letters. He still remembers how much I loved my old surname. But why is he still keeping these if he doesn't love me?

I sigh before moving my hands further down towards the handle and turning it, opening the cupboard. He has them all. Even some new clothes are here.

What is it?

Why is he pretending to like me when he refuses to?

Why is he confusing me?

I blink my eyes but feel them burning because of the tears that are forming within them. I want to hate this motherfucker but his actions and everything just make it a million times more difficult for me to reject him.

But I have to.

I cannot let him trample my heart, crushing it without any hesitation under his feet again. I cannot. I won't!

I clench my jaws, shut my eyes, and fist my hands, fuming in anger. I turn back towards the bedroom and storm towards Taehyung. His eyes widen at my sudden appearance as he keeps his pillow back on the bed.

"What are you trying to do, bastard?" I ask and he frowns. "These clothes and everything. What are you trying to prove, Kim Taehyung?"

He stands up straight and stares at me coldly. I notice his bruised-up face. "I don't want to prove anything, kitten. You can assume whatever you want." He says, tilting his head and looking at me seriously.

Slowly, he's moving forward and I step backward. But he drapes an arm around my waist and pulls me against his body. I hiss when my body collides with his. That's it.

My anger dies down automatically.

With just a single touch of his. Ever since I met him he's good with controlling my anger and emotions. As if I'm a bomb and he's the remote to turn it off. Just by touching me.

He brushes his knuckles on my cheeks gently and uses the pad of his thumb to wipe the tears off my face that I didn't realise has escaped my eyes. "Don't cry, kitten. Please," he whispers and leans forth to place a kiss on the tip of my nose.

I look at him when he pulls back. He curves his lips but hisses because of his wounds. I scoff but press my finger on the bruises on his jaw. He hisses and glares at me.

"What is this even? Did you get into a fight last night or what?" I ask in irritation and he looks into my eyes intensely. "Yeah, there was a guy who was looking at you at the club you went so I just fought with him." He says and I shake my head.

"The fuck! I should've fought him if I was sober. Although, my punches are not good." I say shrugging and he gives me a big smile, tucking a few locks behind my ears and nodding his head before mumbling,

"Of course, a soft girl like you can never punch anyone. I can admit that wholeheartedly."

**************

Do you want me to drop the bomb? Scroll down for a double update~