34

Y/n's POV

"I knew I would regret signing it without meeting you, Mr. Vincent," I comment, grinding my jaws while sitting on the couch of the chairman's office, glaring at the person who's smirking in front of me. "Why would you regret it, Miss SinCity?" Taehyung asks.

Yes, that asshole.

Of course. I had to know. I'm such a fool. A typical Y/n in every Toxic romance fan fiction.

I scoff. "Mr. Vincent! A big enthusiast of my art since the beginning. Of course, it had to be the stalker Kim Taehyung!" I complain to him, gripping the armrests off the couch. His eyes calmly notice my hands, the small smile still on his lips as he stares back into my eyes.

"I just wanted to make sure you come back to where you belong," he states. That's it. I snap and push the glass coffee table in front of me. It turns over, shattering into pieces and some pieces even land on Taehyung's expensive shoes.

He quietly stares at it. His eyes widen for a bit he quickly shrugs it away and gazes back at me intensely. "You fucking don't own me. You understood that, asshole?" I speak through gritted teeth and he smirks, nodding his head.

"I don't need to own you to claim you, Y/n. The fish goes back to sea even if it gets dragged to the land for a while. The bird returns to its nest, no matter how far it flies away. You're the same, darling. Your heart knows where it belongs." He says and I stand up, moving forward to strangle him to death but he is quicker than me and pushes me away.

"There are glasses there, Y/n! Get a grip. I don't want things to get bloody here," He snarls, pulling me toward his bigger desk of his. He makes me sit in the recliner and rests his hips at the rim of the desk, staring at me with irritation in his eyes.

My hands are shivering, my lips are trembling, my eyes are burning, my throat is dry. I exhale deeply and quickly take out the pack of cigarettes from my pocket. I take out a stick and place the stick in between my lips.

Then I dig my hands inside my pockets again for the lighter but I cannot find it. I gulp, trying to calm my nerves down but I need to smoke to do that. I hear a metal clink, a lighter comes in front of the stick that flicks on, igniting the log of poison.

I look to my side, taking a drag, and watch him smirk while pulling the gold matte lighter back. "My naughty kitten has grown up." He comments while holding the edge of his suit jacket and putting the lighter back inside his coat.

I hold the cigarette in my hand and quirk an eyebrow at him. "Shut up!" I mumble and he nods. I take a drag again but feel movements beside me so I turn back to the man only to be shocked to see him taking his coat off leaving him in his slightly unbuttoned shirt. He keeps the coat on his desk.

His fingers move to the buttons of the shirt as he undoes them and I blink several times but a chortle escapes my throat. Damn! I'm horny! What the fuck! Why am I getting turned on?

"What are you doing, asshole?" I ask in annoyance and he gives me an innocent pout with a confused expression. There he goes, the heart of a devil but the face of an angel.

"Obeying you?"

"Me? What are you obeying me— like what did I ask?" I question and smoke again. "Taking my shirt up? You asked me to shirt up!" 

I scoff at his lame action. "Why are you behaving like a fucking pervert? You don't even like me!" I tell him and watch his fingers halt his actions. He looks at me and I see something shining in his eyes.

Guilt. Regret. Sadness. Pain. Longing.

But I'm not falling for them again. Not this time.

"I am able to love someone only because that person is you," he says and I roll my eyes at his words.

"Look, I didn't know about love. I watched as many romance films to find out the answer to my question of what love is but you know what I found in them instead?" He asks and I feel my heart clench but I look away, shaking my head. "It doesn't matter anymore, Taehyung."

"You! Instead of finding the answer, I found you in every single one of them. And I fucking regretted not confessing to you when you were there—"

"It doesn't matter, Taehyung!" I stress on the word and he sighs, clenching his jaws and placing his palms behind him at the rim of the table. "You know how miserable everyone was after you left? Jungkook and Jimin? You don't care about them, right?"

So it didn't bother Taehyung? He was searching for me because of them? This confessing shit is all to keep me held back because of them. Not for him?

"Speak for yourself, Taehyung," I say and he scoffs. "Will you give a fuck if I ask you to stay?" He asks, raising his voice and I clench my jaws. I scoff before standing up with the cigarette in my mouth.

I stand in front of him and lean forward to his face, taking the cigarette in between my fingers and puffing the smoke right in front of his nose. His face shows no emotions as the white fumes float through his perfect face.

"Try it," I whisper and he smirks before moving his hand forward, taking the cigarette from my hands and staring at me intensely, an excessive amount of heat radiating from each other's bodies due to our proximity.

He holds the cigarette in between his lips and takes a drag of it, keeping the smoke for a while before turning around and stubbing it on the ashtray while releasing the smoke, not on my face. He turns back, his dark eyes penetrating mine and licks the corner of his lips as he says,

"I don't need to try, darling. No matter how much hate you show, the door to your heart will always remain open for me."

***************

I have an exam tomorrow and I just want to say FUCK YOU 8085 MICROPROCESSOR!!!! 😠😠😠😠