32

Y/n's POV

I trace the paint brush in the blank canvas with the Black paint. It paints the black background. I use the palette and dab some red paint and start painting it on the canvas.

The red sky in the dark background. I take another brush and dab the white paint before drawing the white lightning over the red sky.

The same lightning feeling that surged through me when Taehyung touched my hand while he was grabbing the doorknob. I finish up the drawing and then use the white paint to sign it in the end.

SinCity

I became a painter after majoring in Melbourne about arts. I met Jennie there 7 years ago. She was Korean as well. We had the same culture but she was born and raised there. She really loved to stick to me.

I tried to look away from the past and she helped me with it. Her parents too, helped me with stuff. I didn't have money issues, thanks to the money I borrowed from Mr. Park and the scholarship I earned there.

I started painting other stuff, learning other stuff. Sculpture and draw other things as well. I worked as an intern for a design studio for a few years but by the time Jennie started helping me to sell my art online.

She even managed to organize an exhibition for my art and it was recognised by plenty of rich tycoons there who preached about my work all over the world, buying more admirers to my work.

Two years ago, I met him at an exhibition, he was Korean too. He admired my work in Australia and asked me out for dinner that night. Slowly, we started hanging out more and then gradually started dating after he confessed to me.

He had to come back to Korea for his work a month back and asked me to join him right after. I purchased this mansion and returned here, even though I know my past is still here. I want to run away from it but it's fine for a while.

I look at the painting in front of me and then at my apron that's all coloured. I sigh and keep the items in my hand on the table beside me and grab the box and lighter.

I take out a white stick and place it between my lips, lighting it and taking a drag of the Toxic air from it. I put the lighter on the table and puff out the smoke while looking at the painting.

The inspiration behind the painting.

Kim Taehyung.

The only person I hate in this world.

The only person who still has the audacity to give me the most electrifying sensation just by a single touch even after destroying me.

I stand up, taking my apron off while smoking and walk towards the living room.

I hear the TV and instantly see Jennie watching it. She's wearing a Calvin Klein purple baby tee and white underwear. I'm wearing a Calvin Klein stretch cotton bodysuit.

What's the problem walking around a huge mansion in just underwear? It's just us girls here anyways. The cook went away after preparing food for the day.

I plop down beside her and she looks at me while eating the chocolate bars. I smile at her and continue watching the TV with her, while smoking.

"The youngest son of the former President, Kim Namjoon, can currently be seen aiding the old people in the old-age home. He's so humble and respectable with them. Mayor Choi can also be seen beside him."

I dab the last end of the cigarette on the ashtray in the coffee table while watching the scene unfold but then a familiar person shows up on the screen and my eyes widen.

"Home minister Park Hanwoo and his son Park Jimin are also speaking to the old people. Look at their smiles while politely speaking to them."

I stare at the screen in shock and hear Jennie sit up beside me. "Aren't they your Stepdad and step brother?" She asks with a blank face, her mood changed after he appeared on the TV and I nod at her.

"Jennie, prepare a cheque of 15 Million dollars in the name of Park Hanwoo, could you?" I ask and she agrees to that.

"I'll have it ready. Will you go and give it to him yourself or should I send it to him through a courier service?" She asks and I look at her.

"Can you do a favour for me? Deliver it yourself. No need to meet anyone, just say that it's from Park Y/n, hand it to them and run." I say and she chuckles. "You're so afraid of your family." She says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not. I don't care about them. It's just I don't wanna meet them." I mumble but she passes me the chocolate bar. I look at her with big eyes. "Have it." I shake my head, fiddling with my fingers.

"Y/n, you keep getting thinner. I love your skinny look but your literally starving yourself." She says and I place my hand on my tummy. "I'm getting fat."

"You're bony! Not even skinny anymore! Just eat!" She says and shoves the whole chocolate in my mouth. I smile nervously and much down the chocolate for her.

I blink several times, a surge of panic rushing up my veins, my fingers trembling and I quickly get up from the couch. I force a smile and turn to Jennie who is looking at me questioningly.

"I'll take a bath. There's paint all over my hands." I say, biting my lips and she nods. I run upstairs to my bedroom, opening the door and quickly quickly locking it behind me. I storm towards the bathroom and sit on the tiled floor in front of the toilet bowl, sliding my two fingers inside my mouth towards my throat.

And then I let the contents out into the toilet, throwing up everything. Yes, I have eating disorder. No one knows about it. I would like to keep it that way.

I feel drained after throwing up, my throat burning and my entire body shivering. I quickly stand up and walk up to the shelves, opening it to take out the small tube of white tablets. I quickly use the Rhine stone decoration and use it to break down the white table, forming a white powder out of it.

Then I use my fingers to lift the powder up to my nose and sniff it. I do the same for my other nose and look at myself in the mirror, to see if there are any traces.

The action seeps in and my nerves seem to calm down immediately. I smile while looking at my reflection in the mirror before cleaning up the bathroom counter so that Jennie doesn't notice anything. I look at myself in the mirror again and feel my head dizzy by now,

"You're beautiful, Y/n."

***************

Double update because I took a break from studying. Just watched "Love me again" MV by Taehyung and y'all, the song actually fits this story line. It even has the same dialogues as the lyrics of the song and I swear I didn't plan this after the song was released. I completed drafting this book in July. Today is the 10th of August. I'm soo shocked to hear the song.

Okay, I'm going back to study. Byeeeee 👋