45

Taehyung's POV

I notice the tension between the two. The way Y/n was coyly looking at Namjoon. The way he was holding her hand was irritating me, making my blood boil.

But I couldn't decipher the relationship between them but as much as I remember Namjoon was overseas until two months ago when he decided to return to Korea.

Do they know each other?

"So should we look more into it?" I look away from the two and stare at Mr. and Mrs. Kim who asked me the question. I didn't even pay attention to what they were saying before that.

I blankly stare at them and clear my throat, turning to Namjoon, causing him to gaze at me, releasing Y/n's hand. He smiles at me and I look at him darkly.

"It would really be a pleasure if you would come to the charity fair." He says, his eyes giving me an intense stare. I give him a professional smile and nod, "I'll think about it. By the way, would you mind having a drink with us?" I ask him, eyeing Y/n and him.

Y/n shifts uncomfortably and Namjoon chuckles before nodding his head. "Absolutely. Father, Mother, excuse us for a moment." He says to the older couple before they step away, going to other guests.

Namjoon smirks at me, gesturing his hand towards the cocktail section and then at Y/n who trembles before turning in the direction Namjoon is pointing at. We stand in front of the bar counter, me in the middle of Y/n and Namjoon.

She has her head low, awfully quiet while Namjoon smiles and orders the bartender. "Moscow Mule for me, French 75 for the young lady, and what about you, Taehyung?" He asks and I grit my teeth at his tone.

He knows what to order for her and is intentionally pressing it on my face that he is aware of what she likes to drink at bars. "Manhattan," I state firmly, gripping the bar counter tightly while staring at the bartender who nods and goes back to prepare our drinks.

Y/n speaks nothing as I stare at her. She's not even looking up at us. As if scared something will happen when she looks up. "Manhattan brings back memories. So many memories," Namjoon says in a smooth voice and rubs his palms on the counter, his expensive Rolex making a light screeching noise when sliding along the glass.

"Right, love?"

I freeze at the nickname, my heart stopping as if all the air is sucked out of my lungs. My knees are trembling and my eyes are fluttering. Oh lord, no! Please!

Not a panic attack here.

I slowly turn my head and watch Y/n, who's looking at Namjoon with big eyes but they land on me, a sardonic gaze over mine. It's enough to confirm my thoughts.

She is dating him.

I fist my hands, clench my jaws and turn my head towards Namjoon who's smiling at us. "Here are your drinks, sir."

I hang my head low and try to breathe but fail. I turn to Y/n who looks at me in concern. I smile at her slightly. "Excuse me for a moment," I tell her before turning around and walking towards the restroom.

Y/n's POV

I watch Taehyung walking away from us. I try to walk to him but a hand wraps around my waist, pulling me back to face me to the counter. "Have your drink, love."

"I'm sorry I came here unannounced-"

"Have your drink, sweetheart. Don't make me repeat my words. You've already hurt me enough tonight." He says, caressing my back and I feel tears brimming my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I say, controlling my tears but he keeps stroking my back. "Working with your ex-boyfriend is fine. I forgive you, love. But you know, you hurt me by hiding it so I'll have to hurt you back." He says and digs his fingers into my back.

My breath hitches and I stare at him in horror but he smiles softly. "I love you, Park Y/n. Remember that," he says before releasing his hand from my waist and turning to walk away from there.

I cannot look at where he went. I'm too ashamed of myself. He loves me but I snuck around with Taehyung without letting him know.

He's hurt.

Because of me.

Why did I hurt the man, who loves me, because of my lingering feelings for Taehyung? I'm an idiot.

He should hurt me. I deserve to get hurt.

Namjoon's POV

I loved her even after knowing that she loves that fucker, Taehyung. I made her love me. But once she came to Korea, everything went down. I knew she was brewing something behind my back.

I knew she was starting to love me after so many years. That's why she came all the way to Korea just because of me. To the place, she hated to return. Just for me.

She still loves Taehyung, I know. But after a while I started to get impatient, how can she be so difficult? I was obviously making an impression on her, I'm sure of it, it was enough for me to insist a little more, this kind of girl didn't know what they wanted, they would say no when they thought yes.

And anyway, I would definitely not let that other guy get her, win her. I have never lost, I don't know how to lose; no, I was never a loser. I always get what I want, this girl named Park Y/n would be no exception.

So why does she look at me so indifferently than Taehyung? Why do my moves make me look like a desperate guy? Am I desperate? Why does she have to make me feel this way?

I feel like I'm losing my mind, my frustration is getting too overwhelming. And this other guy, Taehyung, is still on my way, he would eventually pull me out of it one way or another. I want to smash him in the face.

Y/n is getting away from me, I couldn't let her slip through my fingers like that. I love her, terribly, madly; no, I am passionately obsessed with her.

She loves me too, I just need to insist a little more, with a bit of perseverance I will eventually get her, she just didn't know what she wanted, and her "no's" weren't sincere when I asked her if she still loves Taehyung.

My heart ached but I refuse to suffer alone, I refuse to give up so quickly. She cannot escape me. Not the Kim Namjoon.

I open the door of the rest room and there I see Taehyung who's standing in front of the mirror, watching himself while breathing heavily. I smirk and enter the restroom, he turns to look at me as I begin speaking,

"Hello, Mr. Ex-boyfriend. Nice to meet you in person."

******************

Again a cliffhanger. I love it 😁 The story will cause a war of hormones from now on. Be ready ;)