50

Taehyung's POV

I bite my nails, moving my feet up and down in a continuous motion while sitting in front of the ICU where Y/n is being checked.

Jennie is crying at a seat after me. Yoongi standing beside her with his hand stroking her hair. I continuously shake my feet, and with every second passing by, I just feel myself getting closer to a panic attack myself.

"Hey!" I turn my head, watching Jimin and Jungkook run towards us so I stand up and Jungkook approaches me. "Fucker, what did you do now?" He snarls at me but I snap back at him this time.

"I didn't do anything, okay? I brought her here!" I bark at his face, my pent-up frustration pouring out. "She was already in this condition when we were there," Yoongi explains to Jimin and I watch Jungkook turn to the ICU.

Jimin walks beside him and tries to look inside the room but the small glass window on the door is covered, making nothing visible on the other side.

"Did you inform Mr. Park?" I ask but Jimin steps forward, shaking his head frantically. "Don't even try. Dad is going to tell Mom and she's going to create immense drama. Dad is a Home minister now even if he wishes, he cannot just come here without avoiding the cameras." Jimin says and I sigh.

"Drugs overdose? Does that mean she was already taking drugs? You didn't fucking know?" Jungkook pushed me back and I smacked his chest too in anger. "You think I did? I would've done something sooner if I knew about it!" I scream.

"She wasn't breathing, Yoongi. Please tell me she'll be fine." Jennie cries and I turn to her. "Her heart wasn't beating too! If I didn't perform CPR in the car and revived her heart rate then I don't know if I still would've been standing here right now in front of you. I would've already killed myself!" I announce.

"Taehyung, how long has she been in there?" Jungkook asks and Jennie gasps, covering her mouth. "Taehyung? As in Kim Taehyung?" She asks.

"Yes. Why do you look so surprised?" Yoongi asks her and she glares at me. "Her ex-boyfriend! So you've been after her ever since she landed here?" She asks and I roll my eyes, turning back to the hospital door.

I don't have patience for this shit.

"You don't know things, Jennie. And it's not that Y/n didn't know whom she was working with. She was aware and she did it at her own will —" Yoongi gets cut off when Jennie yells at me.

"That doesn't explain this stalker's actions, trying to make her sign a work contract without telling her who he was behind that businessman named V!" She screams and I turn at her with dark eyes.

"Listen, you were living under the same roof as her still she is in this condition. If you weren't her friend then I would've killed you by now, bitch—"

"Taehyung! Stop that! Don't!" Yoongi yells at me, giving me the most intense glare and I see tears forming in Jennie's eyes and Yoongi hugs her.

"She's not living with you?" Jimin asks and I shake my head. "What's wrong with her? Like she's addicted to drugs?" Jungkook asks and I rub my temples in frustration.

"She has this Toxic boyfriend who's manipulating her to stay with him even after he getting married. I don't know what shit he planted in her brain but it's definitely related to that." I tell and Jungkook turns to Jennie.

"What's your name?" He asks rudely and Yoongi smacks his chest. "Drop that attitude while speaking to a woman, Jeon! You're a professor! Respect!" He tells the younger firmly who rolls his eyes.

"Taehyung said she was under the same roof when this happened. I don't trust her." Jungkook says through gritted teeth but Jimin pulls him back. "Jungkook, don't be like that! I'm sorry for him. But what's your name?" Jimin asks her politely.

"I'm Kim Jennie. I really didn't do anything. I was trying to help her. I patched her up—"

"I know. I know. It's fine, Jennie. Don't be scared. Do you know her boyfriend?" Jimin assures her but I answer on her behalf. "It's Kim Namjoon. The next President!" I say, clenching my fist and my eyes burning with anger at the thought of that man's name rolling down my tongue.

Jungkook scoffs and lets out a bitter laugh. "Wow! All the Kims are fuckers ruining my best friend's life. Damn!" He says and I glare at him.

"Didn't you say that she was your fiance at the party?" Jimin asks, standing in front of Jungkook who is gazing at me intensely. "I just said that to let Namjoon know that Y/n is not alone and I won't let him play her. But she hates me to the core—"

"She doesn't hate you, Taehyung. She hates the fact that she can't stop loving you. That's what Namjoon hates the most for years now!" Jennie explains and all of us stare at her in shock, especially me.

"Yes! I've been friends with Y/n ever since she came to Australia! I know her before Namjoon met her. He is a total dick, treats her like shit, calls her by the sweetest nicknames, and tells her that he loves her because she's weak over love. She just wants to be loved by a man. He uses it. He doesn't love her. He just can't accept the fact that she's still not over you and can't love him like she loves you! It's his ego issues! Not love or obsession," Jennie says and I take a deep breath, processing everything.

I don't know what is this. What kind of game is Namjoon playing? What is he toying with? What is he plotting? But why my precious Y/n?

She's already so broken. Why her?

I want to know more but the door opens and I immediately shoot my head towards the doctor, all of us approaching him instantly, crowding him. He gives us a small smile. "We have washed her stomach and guts. But she's still in a critical situation here. I would ask you to wait for a while and not meet her. We would like to keep her here for observation—"

"Do it. Do it! Just make sure she's fine. Keep her here! Observe and do whatever shit, just make sure that she's fine!" I tell him in panic and he gives me an awkward nod before waking away.

Some nurses exit the room and my eyes fall on her figure, resting on the hospital bed with wires attached to her arms, an oxygen mask on her face, eyes closed. I smile while tears stream down my face but I quickly wipe them before turning to Jennie. She looks at me and I stare at her firmly before saying in a hard voice,

"Tell me everything about Kim Namjoon and Y/n from the beginning of what you've seen."

************

Double update because this book hits 30k 🧿🫢🥸🤡 (why do people like books about toxic relationships) and because I have Web designing practical tomorrow yet I'm struggling with basic HTML so I'm making you happy instead 🕴️