39

Y/n's POV

I look at the time on my phone, waiting in the lounge of the Michelin restaurant but then I watch him stride inside the high-class restaurant. He doesn't spare a glance at me but I stand and follow him silently. He walks along the corridor and enters a private room in the fancy restaurant.

I enter the same room and watch him standing there smiling at me. "Hi, love," he says and I grin at him. "Hey, babe," I tell him and reach him for a hug. He opens his arms and envelops my frame in his strong buffed arms.

He smiles but turns back to the table that is served with all the food. "You're on a diet so you won't eat, right?" he asks and I shrug my shoulders, shaking my head. "I asked them to prepare this vegan salad for you," he says and I press my cheek on his robust chest.

"Thank you, babe," I say and he chuckles before pulling me back from the hug, "Let's have the dinner," he says and walks across the table to take a seat. I smile and pull a chair for myself and take a seat but my mind ponders back to the day before yesterday of how Taehyung pulled a chair for me.

I shake my head but focus on my present date. "You are an hour late!" I complain and he gives me an apologetic look. "Sorry, love. I was caught up with my schedule today. It's been hectic ever since I'm back in Seoul," he says and I smile.

"It's okay." We both begin to eat in silence. I look up at him and notice him busy frowning while scrolling through the phone. I look down and finish my salad.

"What have you been doing these days, love?" He asks and I quickly look up at him to see him keeping his phone away to stare at me. "I'm working for a hotel's interior design," I say with a smile and his eyes widen while he's munching on the food.

"Really? Where?" He asks and I chuckled nervously. He knows about Taehyung. "It's an exhibition hall," I reply and he smiles.

"When is your next exhibition, love?" He asks, joining his hands on the table, resting his elbows on the table as he stares at me warmly. "Next week, on Friday. Are you visiting?" I ask with a hopeful glint in my eyes.

"I will. Of course, love. It's your first exhibition in Korea that you've been preparing for a long time. I'll visit secretly and give you feedback." He says and I smile at his words.

He stands up from his seat and I look at him with big eyes. He slowly approaches me and hugs me. I stand up while still in his arms and he pulls back, leaning down to kiss me.

I kiss him back as he cups my cheek and tilts his head to deepen the kiss. After a minute, he pulls back and smiles at me, running his thumb on my swollen lips. "I love you so much, Y/n."

I smile at him and move forth to peck his lips. "I love you more, babe," I reply and he smiles before moving his hands down, gripping my hands in his.

His eyes give me a sense of apology and I tilt my head in confusion. "I have to go. Dad is calling." He says and my heart aches. I press my lips together but nod. "I understand."

"I'm so sorry. I thought I'll spend the night with you. But things just get worse after I landed in Korea." He says and I pout. "I miss our time in Australia."

He smirks at my words and snakes his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him as our hips collide against each other. "Which time? The time when I bend you over my dining table? Or the one where you were riding me in the storeroom among your paintings?"

I push him away and laugh while covering my face. He giggles but again pulls me back and buries his face in my neck, sniffing it. I circle my arms around his neck and run my fingers across his locks.

"I love you." I whisper and he hums in my neck before replying, "I love you too, my wild Y/n."

I giggle and damp my lips with my tongue before biting it when he kisses my neck but quickly pulls back. I look at him and he stares at me with a big smile. "I have to go. I'm sorry, I can't take you back home." He says with sad eyes, still clasping my hands.

I smile and place a quick kiss on his lips, ignoring the way my heart is saddened that he's not spending time with me. "It's alright. Take care. Take rest. Text me, okay?"

He nods and places a kiss on my cheek before turning back to the door, sliding it open to exit. He peeks at me and winks before sliding it close once again.

I stare at the door with a small smile and press my lips together. I look at the almost untouched table and I sigh, knowing that he probably paid for all of this.

It was supposed to be a dinner date.

It was supposed to be fun. Together. With him. The one who loves me.

But why do I feel lonely?

*********************

Scroll down and you'll get another chapter. A double update because this book completed 22k reads already.