67

Taehyung's POV

I drink the glass of water with the pills with a blank expression and read the files on the table. I get interrupted by a knock at my door and it swings open, my guard enters and I sigh.

"Just send them back—"

"It's not them, sir. It's—"

"V," I look up hearing that voice. My eyes turn red in hatred but the guard moves back, and there he stands tall in front of me with hands inside his pocket, looking at me intensely.

"Give us some privacy, will you?" He asks, not breaking eye contact with me. I clench my fists, gulping the lump in my throat before looking at the guard who's asking for my permission. I grind my jaws but nod eventually as he leaves the two of us in this room, shutting the door behind him.

"I had to delay my flight ticket for two days. Where were you—" I slam my hands on the table and stand up, shooting daggers at him.

"Listen if you're here to rub it off on my face about you and Y/n then it's better to just get the fuck out of my room right now," I say, firmly and he squints his eyes before rolling them, and approaching me with big steps.

The phone on my table buzzes again and I peek at it to find 'Kitten' being shown on it like always. I exhale deeply before pressing the side button to lock my phone.

"Listen, I'm not here to talk about the past of your girlfriend. I'm giving up on the Presidential nomination and breaking it off with Hana. I'm leaving Korea and returning to Australia that's why I want you to inform this to Y/n. I cannot face her anymore so I thought, you will do it—"

"What?" I pass him a questioning gaze and he sighs, rubbing his face with his hands, shutting his eyes in frustration. "Yes, I broke up with Hana after what she did. And after what I did to Y/n, I'm too ashamed to face—"

I run across the desk and pull him by the collar. "What the fuck did you do to her?" I bark and he holds my wrist, looking at me in confusion. "She hasn't told you?"

"Tell me what?"

I yell, my stomach rumbling at the negative thoughts but I feel the phone vibrating on my desk again I hold Namjoon in my grip who sighs and pulls my hand back, giving me an apologetic look. "Hana sedated me and I went to Y/n's mansion. We didn't have any intercourse for months, I was sexually frustrated too and I kind of forced myself on her—"

I punch him across his jaws, my whole body bursting into flames but then guilt flashes in my mind. I freeze at my spot as I recall the way I treated her for the past month for something she didn't even do.

"When did this happen?"

Please don't confirm my thoughts. Please don't—

"The night after the inauguration of Hotel V," he confirms my thoughts and my heart clenches so tightly that instantly tears fall from my eyes. I am such a fool. A literal dumbass.

I didn't even let her explain and that night even after seeing her getting harassed in front of my eyes, instead of protecting her, I just left her to deal with it by herself.

"Did you—" My voice croaks but Namjoon looks at me, shaking his head vigorously, with shiny eyes filled with tears of guilt. Both of us are broken, crying, and bleeding.

Namjoon's face is bleeding.

And my heart is.

"No, I didn't. I was kissing her and Y/n knocked me out with a vase. Jimin came in with Jungkook and handled me thankfully before I could do something further." He says and I cry silently.

I remember Y/n running behind my car earlier and falling to the ground, making my tears roll down my face more. I treated her so horribly without giving her a chance to explain.

I fuck us up every single time.

It's me.

I should've been with her to calm her down after she struggled so much but I added more pain to get by ignoring her and then causing her more pain. What have I done?

I turn around and slide the things from my desk in rage and sadness. I collapse to the ground, my hands falling on the broken pieces of glass that had water in it. But I feel numb at this point. I scream at myself, pulling my hair and crying, burying my face in my bloody palms.

"What have I done?" I whisper, taking sharp breaths but the continuous buzz of my phone distracts me and I pull my hands back, realization striking me again. I rummage through the fallen items on the ground to find my phone.

I hear Namjoon groaning behind me but my eyes land on my phone showing the same caller ID. I quickly hold it before sliding the receive button and placing it close to my ear.

"Hello, Y/n?"

But no response. I pull the phone back and see that I missed receiving the call so I press on the callback option, but this time the mechanically generated voice tells me that the phone is busy on another call.

"Fuck! Damnit!" I yell and stand up, running past Namjoon on the floor and walking out of my room. I feel my phone buzzing again but frown when I look at the caller ID but answer it anyway.

"Jennie, where's Y/n—" But a furious Jungkook's voice cuts me off.

"Fucker Taehyung! If something happens to her then I swear I'll shoot you— Shut up, Jimin! Let me say this to this jerk!" He yells through the line.

I halt in my steps and my eyes widen in shock. Please don't tell me that she attempted. . . No! I can't let this happen. It's all because of me. I cry to myself. What have I done? I fucked it all up even more.

The voice changes and this time I hear Yoongi speaking firmly over the line, "Y/n got into an accident, Taehyung. We are all going to the hospital now. They said that they tried to contact the first contact on her contact list for a long time but apparently, he wasn't picking up their call so they contacted Jennie."

My body trembles and I try to catch my breath that's caught up in my throat but then I hear Jennie crying over the line and screaming right at me, "You are the root cause of every problem in her life, Taehyung. Not me. It's you! Do you realise what you have done?"

What have I done?

******

🪦
Here lies Y/—

*gets punched by the readers*