26

Y/n's POV

I look into Taehyung's eyes but they are shimmering. I don't know if he's lying or not. I don't understand what he's feeling. He's drunk.

But then again, he never replies when I say I love you. Even when he's sober.

He kisses me harshly and I shut my eyes, tears rolling down my face but the door swings open. A furious-looking Jimin and Jungkook enter the living hall.

Jungkook punches Taehyung across the face and this time he falls back to the ground, over the table, the cake and food all of them falling to the ground.

I collapse to the floor numbly but Jimin hugs me, sitting beside me and placing my head on his chest. "It's okay. He's drunk."

"That doesn't justify his fucking actions, Park Jimin!" Jungkook barks and Jimin looks at Taehyung, with tears in his eyes.

Taehyung is groaning on the floor and I stare at him. I slowly wipe my tears and stand up, Jimin tries to hold me back but I pull my hand back and walk to Taehyung.

"Can you help me take him to his room, please?" I ask and Jungkook scoffs, turning away, wiping the few tears from his eyes. I smile at him sadly, but slowly kneel down to hold Taehyung up but he's too heavy. But then Jungkook holds his other arm up and pulls him up.

Jimin stands up and wipes the free tears from his face and approaches us. "I'll hold him," he says but I shake my head. We take him to his bedroom and Jimin opens the door for us as we make him lie down on the bed.

Jimin holds my hand and pulls me up, "Let's go." I yank my hand away. "I'm coming. You both can wait for me outside in your car. I'll be there in a few minutes." I say and they sigh, walking out of the room, leaving unconscious Taehyung and me in this room.

I look at Taehyung and then walk forward toward his closet, taking out the present I made for him. I blink at it several times but then I take out the letter that I wrote for him.

But I need to write another one it seems. I quickly take out a pen and write down what I want to write to him. I leave the two letters on the top of the present and turn around, taking small steps to the bathroom, to clean the cake from my face and hair.

I bring back the medical box and treat the cuts on his knuckles and lips before keeping it back in its place. I walk towards the bed again and stare at him silently. I sit on the edge of the bed and remove the locks from his face.

Leaning my face down, I place a small kiss on his forehead before standing up and exiting the bedroom.

More like, exiting from the Toxic cage.

--------------------------

"Mr. Park," I say, sitting in front of him. Jimin was sitting beside me, looking at me in confusion while my mother was sitting right beside my stepdad.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"I want some help," I say and he smiles instantly. "Anything you want. A car. A mansion." He says but I shake my head.

"I want to borrow some money from you. And to help me with someone who knows the study programs abroad." I say and his smile drops. "What?"

"Just one thing. I ask from you. As a father, just help me this once and I'll return it back to you as soon as possible. I promise." I say and Jimin pulls me to him. "Why, Y/n? Don't be ridiculous." Jimin says but I smile at him.

"Please, Jimin. Just this once."

"Okay. I will help you. If that's what you want. But I don't need the money back. Just remember me as your father. That'll be enough." Mr. Park says and I smile at him. I sigh and control my tears when I look back into them.

"One more thing," I say and he hums. I look at the three of them before telling them, "Don't try to find me. Don't search for me. Don't contact me."

--------------------------

Taehyung's POV

I groan slowly sitting up on the bed, turning around to find the bed empty. I rub my temples but then flashes of last night appear in my mind.

Shit!

What have I done?

I quickly rush out of bed and run towards the door, ignoring all the cleaning up that's going on in the hall room. I get inside my car and wipe the sweat forming on my forehead but notice the bandage on my hands.

She’s fucking beautiful. A goddess, and yet she kneels at my feet. I don’t deserve this woman, but I won’t hesitate to take every advantage to ensure I can keep her in my life.

Even if it means I have to die in anxiety while saying I love you.

My eyes are burning as I'm trying not to cry. I shouldn't have drank that much. I shouldn't have lashed out at her. Now, I can feel the fear of losing her.

All this time, she was by my side, I wasn't afraid of losing her. But now I am.

I think this is love.

This is madness. Addiction.

Obsession.

Love.

When you are scared of losing someone in your life. That's love.

I'm a fucking dumb asshole! What's wrong with me? My confused feelings and trauma have nothing to do with her. Why did I snap at her?

This just shows how immature, stubborn, and certified bastard I am. I quickly park the car and enter the Park mansion but notice Y/n getting inside a car and the car going away.

My throat feels dry. Why do I feel like I'll never see her again? My heart is dropping. My stomach is rumbling. My hands and fingers are shivering.

I overtake the car before it exits the neighborhood and the tire halts with a speech when I block it. I get out of the driver's seat and glare at the car.

I see the door of the backseat open and Y/n getting out of the car. She looks at me blankly and I stare at the two big bags placed in the front seat and the bigger one in the backseat.

"Where are you going?" I ask, moving dangerously close to her. "Somewhere." She replies in a monotone and unknowingly tears roll down my face. I haven't cried in years now but I feel vulnerable right now.

"I love you, Y/n," I say, my mind becoming dizzy and an unsettling feeling residing in my chest and she frowns at me. "What?"

I pull her hands towards me and cry because I can't lose her. Not when I realized my feelings. No, never! I won't let her go anywhere! She has to stay beside me forever.

"I know I realized my feelings late but give me a chance, Y/n."

**************

You know which chapter comes after this? Chapter 0 in the beginning. But I won't repeat the same thing again. I'll just continue with the story. So just read it if you haven't.